Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default Metalworking down under

Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09-Oct-14 9:24 AM, Rex wrote:
Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

My father taught machining in the 70's and 80's in Oz. The apprentices
were often making things like this and powerheads that took shotgun
cartidges - that along with bong stems and cones for smoking pot.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"DTJ" wrote in message
On 09-Oct-14 9:24 AM, Rex wrote:
Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

My father taught machining in the 70's and 80's in Oz. The apprentices
were often making things like this and powerheads that took shotgun
cartidges - that along with bong stems and cones for smoking pot.

Colt used to make a pen type gun that fired a tiny tear gas cartridge using
a 209 shot shell primer. It looked modestly similar. I think I still have
one around here somewhere.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 18:24:04 -0700 (PDT), Rex
wrote:

Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...e-guns-brazil/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...seized-taiwan/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...zed-australia/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-type-pistols/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...omatic-rifles/

Making guns is NOT hard.

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Fri, 10 Oct 2014 20:38:56 -0700
wrote:
Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...e-guns-brazil/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...seized-taiwan/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...zed-australia/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-type-pistols/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...omatic-rifles/
Making guns is NOT hard.

Zip guns.

I recall an opinion piece in Time Magazine (iirc) by John Waters,
about the "punks" these days, how they have no pride of craftsmanship
from making your own zip gun.
Yeah, hoodlums these days, not like when we were kids.
--
pyotr filipivich