DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metalworking down under (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/374841-metalworking-down-under.html)

Rex October 9th 14 02:24 AM

Metalworking down under

Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

DTJ[_2_] October 9th 14 03:52 AM

Metalworking down under

On 09-Oct-14 9:24 AM, Rex wrote:
Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

My father taught machining in the 70's and 80's in Oz. The apprentices
were often making things like this and powerheads that took shotgun
cartidges - that along with bong stems and cones for smoking pot.

Bob La Londe[_7_] October 9th 14 09:15 PM

Metalworking down under

"DTJ" wrote in message
On 09-Oct-14 9:24 AM, Rex wrote:
Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

My father taught machining in the 70's and 80's in Oz. The apprentices
were often making things like this and powerheads that took shotgun
cartidges - that along with bong stems and cones for smoking pot.

Colt used to make a pen type gun that fired a tiny tear gas cartridge using
a 209 shot shell primer. It looked modestly similar. I think I still have
one around here somewhere.

Gunner Asch[_6_] October 11th 14 04:38 AM

Metalworking down under

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 18:24:04 -0700 (PDT), Rex
wrote:

Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...e-guns-brazil/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...seized-taiwan/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...zed-australia/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-type-pistols/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...omatic-rifles/

Making guns is NOT hard.

PJ O'Rourke

pyotr filipivich October 12th 14 11:17 AM

Metalworking down under

Gunner Asch on Fri, 10 Oct 2014 20:38:56 -0700
wrote:
Rather ingenious way to make a zip gun.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-gun-supplier/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...e-guns-brazil/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...seized-taiwan/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...zed-australia/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-type-pistols/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...omatic-rifles/
Making guns is NOT hard.

Zip guns.

I recall an opinion piece in Time Magazine (iirc) by John Waters,
about the "punks" these days, how they have no pride of craftsmanship
from making your own zip gun.
Yeah, hoodlums these days, not like when we were kids.
--
pyotr filipivich