Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default lincoln ranger 8 troubleshooting

I have a Ranger 8 that has been sitting in enclosed building for several
months. it was working fine when I took it off old truck for storage.
Well board went out in one I was using and had to put this one on truck
and it only wants to put out small amount of voltage now. could brushes be
dirty from moisture from just sitting. Everything else shows circuits are
good and no burnt wires with meter.With grinder plugged in it turns real
slowly and with light plugged in it is very dim. Machine idles up and down
as usual but no full power. All help would be appreciated.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ng-601671-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-08-16, Dirtmover wrote:
I have a Ranger 8 that has been sitting in enclosed building for several
months. it was working fine when I took it off old truck for storage.
Well board went out in one I was using and had to put this one on truck
and it only wants to put out small amount of voltage now. could brushes be
dirty from moisture from just sitting. Everything else shows circuits are
good and no burnt wires with meter.With grinder plugged in it turns real
slowly and with light plugged in it is very dim. Machine idles up and down
as usual but no full power. All help would be appreciated.

Did you try to start it from a dead battery with a battery charger/car
jumper?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Ignoramus30864 , Dirtmover wrote:
ignoramus30864 wrote:

Did you try to start it from a dead battery with a battery charger/car
jumper?

Yes I think they did before I got back to shop because I went after new
battery and oil and filter to service unit before I started using it again.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ng-601671-.htm
using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ignoramus30864 wrote:

Did you try to start it from a dead battery with a battery charger/car
jumper?

Yes I think they did before I got back to shop because I went after new
battery and oil and filter to service unit before I started using it again.

I once had a Trailblazer with symptoms similar to yours. It was caused
by excess voltage when trying to jump a dead battery.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ignoramus30864 wrote:

I once had a Trailblazer with symptoms similar to yours. It was caused
by excess voltage when trying to jump a dead battery.

What did you do to correct problem ?

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ng-601671-.htm
using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ignoramus30864 wrote:

I once had a Trailblazer with symptoms similar to yours. It was caused
by excess voltage when trying to jump a dead battery.

What did you do to correct problem ?

Replaced the board, problem solved.