Posted to rec.woodworking

Default FS: Dead Long Ranger $5

Any electronics gurus out there? I used this Long Ranger to switch my
dust collector until 4 months ago, when it stopped cold. The reset
switch doesn't, so it needs some TLC that I can't give it. Your cost for
this $70 item is $5 plus shipping. It handles 120v and consists of the
receiver and working remote.

Bob
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Schmall wrote:
Any electronics gurus out there? I used this Long Ranger to switch my
dust collector until 4 months ago, when it stopped cold. The reset
switch doesn't, so it needs some TLC that I can't give it. Your cost for
this $70 item is $5 plus shipping. It handles 120v and consists of the
receiver and working remote.

Bob

No longer for sale--a wrecker emailed the solution and it worked, so
I'll keep the thing.

Bob
Posted to rec.woodworking

And that solution would be ????(short version)

Bob Schmall wrote:

No longer for sale--a wrecker emailed the solution and it worked, so
I'll keep the thing.

Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

It's obviously a secret.

"C & E" wrote in message

Hey Bob, the idea of 'the rec' is to share solutions with everyone. Was

it
just a replacement reset switch?

Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:
It's obviously a secret.

Actually it's so simple that anyone can understand it, even me. Look at
the reset instructions on the side of the unit.

Bob

"C & E" wrote in message

Hey Bob, the idea of 'the rec' is to share solutions with everyone. Was

it
just a replacement reset switch?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:41:23 GMT, "Bill Hall"
wrote:

Is it so simple that "even a caveman can do it ?? :)

I love those commercials...

I'll even stop to watch those when I'm skipping with TiVO. G
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Is it so simple that "even a caveman can do it ?? :)

I love those commercials...

I'll even stop to watch those when I'm skipping with TiVO. G

"that's my Mother, I'll put her on speaker"
great

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob suggested i reset the code again and it worked for me. my system
stopped working about a week ago. somehow the code between the
transmitter and the receiver got reset. all i had to do was reset the
code and, bob's your uncle, it works. jim

"C & E" wrote in message

Hey Bob, the idea of 'the rec' is to share solutions with everyone. Was

it

just a replacement reset switch?

Posted to rec.woodworking

jim wheeler wrote:
Bob suggested i reset the code again and it worked for me. my system
stopped working about a week ago. somehow the code between the
transmitter and the receiver got reset. all i had to do was reset the
code and, bob's your uncle, it works. jim

"Bob's your uncle" is an old Brit expression, used recently in novels by
Patrick O'Brian. Jim, is that you? Email me.

Bob
Posted to rec.woodworking

I love those commercials...

I'll even stop to watch those when I'm skipping with TiVO. G

What I'd like to see is a bunch of cavemen sitting around a campfire
roasting the gecko.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:04:07 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

What I'd like to see is a bunch of cavemen sitting around a campfire
roasting the gecko.

Same here!

BTW, I checked out your client list and I can't believe how many times
I've probably heard your voice.
Posted to rec.woodworking

BTW, I checked out your client list and I can't believe how many times
I've probably heard your voice.

I imagine you have if you've watched Channel 3 for any length of time during
the past 20 years.

Lee