Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What you can do with scrap metal

Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 23:39:32 -0500, Ignoramus15345
wrote:

Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

Absolutely outstanding work!! Thanks for posting that!!

Gunner

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government – a Libertarian’s wet dream"
Tala Brandeis
Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:56:23 -0700
wrote:

Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

Absolutely outstanding work!! Thanks for posting that!!

I like this one
http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/mekanikos-vs-the-minotaur-aut.html
but then I'm more "into" woodworking.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15345 wrote:
Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

Incredible ! Thanks for posting that , I know a couple more folks that will
truly appreciate it .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15345 wrote:

Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

Not "What you can do with scrap metal", rather "What someone with a lot
of artistic talent can do with scrap metal".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15345 on Tue, 24 Jun
2014 23:39:32 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

I like that.

But I am reminded of the cartoon in Punch, many, many years ago.
Two working class blokes (you can tell by the overalls), are in the
museum, looking at a bit of metal sculpture, with the caption.
"Sure it's Art, Bert. But can you really say it is 'welding'?"

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-06-25, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus15345 wrote:

Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

Not "What you can do with scrap metal", rather "What someone with a lot
of artistic talent can do with scrap metal".

Great point. I can make useful things out of scrap metal, but never
anything beautiful.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

There is a guy in Bangkok that does something similar
http://www.yumimodal.com/

I met the guy many years ago when he was just a little one man band.
He told me that he had been a motorcycle mechanic and got to fooling
around with a welder and some scrap parts and people liked them. All
of the statues I saw then were made from old engine parts.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

I hasten to add, that such stuff is popular in Mexico, they weld small
souvenirs for tourists from scrap metal, very artistically.

I made some stick people from TIG filler rod and nuts and bolts, also
turned out to be kind of cute.

There is a guy in Bangkok that does something similar
http://www.yumimodal.com/

I met the guy many years ago when he was just a little one man band.
He told me that he had been a motorcycle mechanic and got to fooling
around with a welder and some scrap parts and people liked them. All
of the statues I saw then were made from old engine parts.

Looks really great and fascinating.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

We have a couple of those scrap metal sculptures on I-5 between
California and Oregon. One 8' tall steer and another 12' tall dragon.
Very cool.

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 06/25/2014 07:20 PM, Ignoramus28291 wrote:

Looks really great and fascinating.

If Ig can find a similar artist in his area,
he can open the Ig Art Museum and sell junk, er, art.
A new division of Ig Enterprises!

technomaNge
--
Less to load on the scrap truck.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-06-27, technomaNge wrote:
On 06/25/2014 07:20 PM, Ignoramus28291 wrote:

Looks really great and fascinating.

If Ig can find a similar artist in his area,
he can open the Ig Art Museum and sell junk, er, art.
A new division of Ig Enterprises!

My most artistic "make something useful from scrap metal" project, so
far, is this round blacksmith table.

http://yabe.chudov.com/Super-heavy-3...l-table-14050/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:39:32 AM UTC-4, Ignoramus15345 wrote:
Truly amazing stuff.

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/the...metal-wel.html

Fun, Reminds me a bit of Griffis sculpture park.
http://www.dittwald.com/griffissculpture/photos2.htm

400 acres of woods and fields with metal sculptures sprinkled about.
A nice day hike if you are in Western NY.

George H.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I like this one
http://boingboing.net/2014/06/24/mekanikos-vs-the-minotaur-aut.html
but then I'm more "into" woodworking.

You're a 'Termite Enabler'.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 21:47:44 -0500, Ignoramus21707

On 2014-06-27, technomaNge wrote:
On 06/25/2014 07:20 PM, Ignoramus28291 wrote:

Looks really great and fascinating.

If Ig can find a similar artist in his area,
he can open the Ig Art Museum and sell junk, er, art.
A new division of Ig Enterprises!

My most artistic "make something useful from scrap metal" project, so
far, is this round blacksmith table.

http://yabe.chudov.com/Super-heavy-3...l-table-14050/

Id weld it down to a sheet of something at least 1/2" thick.

It might be a great bender..but if you pull it over on yourself...its
not so cute.

scrap metal Vass[_11_] UK diy 12 November 21st 10 11:51 AM
Metal, keep it or scrap it Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Metalworking 39 October 2nd 10 07:09 AM
What should I do with my metal scrap? amandaF Metalworking 9 July 31st 08 12:37 AM
scrap metal revisited jives11 UK diy 20 April 13th 08 01:45 PM
Assessing scrap metal [email protected] Metalworking 6 May 22nd 06 03:09 PM