Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 40,000 lbs milling machine

Thie is a German "Droop an Rein" milling machine that weighs about
40,000 lbs.

http://yabe.chudov.com/HUGE-GERMAN-D...095/index.html

It is a very nice machine, up to 20,000 lbs weight of the part to be
machined, the head tilts, 30 HP spindle motor(!) etc.

I own it, bought at auction.

I would really hate to see this machine to go to a scrap yard, it is
so beautiful. But the cost of dismantling and storing it would be
prohibitive for me. If I do not fnid a buyer in the next 5 days, it
will be scrapped.

My heart really bleeds for this machine.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My heart really bleeds for this machine.

You don't like Canadians EH?

Its a shame, but the old girl will soon be on the way to china as
scrap metal.

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Karl Townsend wrote:
My heart really bleeds for this machine.

Its a shame, but the old girl will soon be on the way to china as
scrap metal.

Actually, as far as I know, most ferrous scrap is remelted here in the
good old USA.

You should see it to appreciate it. It is very attractive
looking. HUGE does not even describe it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Actually, as far as I know, most ferrous scrap is remelted here in the
good old USA.

You should see it to appreciate it. It is very attractive
looking. HUGE does not even describe it.

I would LOVE to see it run. My son's first job was running a
bridgemill that worked on parts the size of a RR car.

I wonder if location is the determining factor for scrap. Around here,
prepared steel goes to Duluth to be loaded on the ship.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:21:59 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus16374 wrote:
Thie is a German "Droop an Rein" milling machine that weighs about

40,000 lbs.

http://yabe.chudov.com/HUGE-GERMAN-D...095/index.html

It is a very nice machine, up to 20,000 lbs weight of the part to be

machined, the head tilts, 30 HP spindle motor(!) etc.

I own it, bought at auction.

I would really hate to see this machine to go to a scrap yard, it is

so beautiful. But the cost of dismantling and storing it would be

prohibitive for me. If I do not fnid a buyer in the next 5 days, it

will be scrapped.

My heart really bleeds for this machine.

http://seattletimes.com/html/sundayb...daybuzz26.html

Here is a lead on someone that could buy that machine.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Karl Townsend wrote:
Actually, as far as I know, most ferrous scrap is remelted here in the
good old USA.

You should see it to appreciate it. It is very attractive
looking. HUGE does not even describe it.

I would LOVE to see it run. My son's first job was running a
bridgemill that worked on parts the size of a RR car.

I also would love to see it run.

I also believe that it is a great candidate for any kind of retrofit.

I wonder if location is the determining factor for scrap. Around here,
prepared steel goes to Duluth to be loaded on the ship.

Loaded on a ship, yes, and then probably goes to Indiana or Ohio.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:21:59 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus16374 wrote:
Thie is a German "Droop an Rein" milling machine that weighs about
40,000 lbs.
http://yabe.chudov.com/HUGE-GERMAN-D...095/index.html
My heart really bleeds for this machine.

http://seattletimes.com/html/sundayb...daybuzz26.html
Here is a lead on someone that could buy that machine.

Yes, maybe not him, but something like that.

It is most likely in a running condition.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" fired this volley in news:26ac0385-
:

http://seattletimes.com/html/sundayb...daybuzz26.html

Here is a lead on someone that could buy that machine.

Likely not. That news article was published in 2010.

The very last updated "news" on their web page was in 2011.

The last update to their home page was in 2011, when they listed what
they had available THEN, everything else was "coming soon".

http://www.toltmachineworks.com

Hmmmm....

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
" fired this volley in news:26ac0385-
:

http://seattletimes.com/html/sundayb...daybuzz26.html

Here is a lead on someone that could buy that machine.

Likely not. That news article was published in 2010.

The very last updated "news" on their web page was in 2011.

The last update to their home page was in 2011, when they listed what
they had available THEN, everything else was "coming soon".

http://www.toltmachineworks.com

Hmmmm....

Looks like he gave up on it.

I am not really very surprised, he started out in a big way to do
something which he had little understanding of.

But still, I find Kajiya's venture to be interesting in a fascinating
way. It feels "close to home".

I, too, was a computer guy until 2011, but even then I had some real
life experience in industrial stuff from doing buying/selling and
machining on the side.

In 2011, I started out in a small way, with only a 10,000 square foot
warehouse, continuing doing things I already knew, and slowly
expanding in what I did not know. For example, now I do a good amount
of scrap metal business, which I did not know before, but I grew into
it and scrapping is a great business.

This milling machine, for example, will likely bring 8-10k in scrap
and parts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Karl Townsend wrote:

I also believe that it is a great candidate for any kind of retrofit.

Lets throw some Geckodrives on it, and set it up with Mach 3. LOL.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/14/2014 10:21 AM, Ignoramus16374 wrote:
Thie is a German "Droop an Rein" milling machine that weighs about
40,000 lbs.

My heart really bleeds for this machine.

Have a friend back in the States that has an absolutely pristine SIP jig
borer, big gantry machine, with lots of tooling. He can't find a buyer.
Doubt he'll scrap it himself, but eventually his kids probably will.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 5/14/2014 10:21 AM, Ignoramus16374 wrote:
Thie is a German "Droop an Rein" milling machine that weighs about
40,000 lbs.

My heart really bleeds for this machine.

Have a friend back in the States that has an absolutely pristine SIP jig
borer, big gantry machine, with lots of tooling. He can't find a buyer.
Doubt he'll scrap it himself, but eventually his kids probably will.

Yeah. Lots of that around here.

I will scrap this machine in 2 weeks if I cannot find a buyer.

The plus of this machine is that it is very heavy duty. The minus, is
that it is probably a slow machine, something that cannot be fixed
with retrofitting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Karl wrote:

I will scrap this machine in 2 weeks if I cannot find a buyer.

The plus of this machine is that it is very heavy duty. The minus, is
that it is probably a slow machine, something that cannot be fixed
with retrofitting.

Yep, 1600 RPM max is a killer

I agree.

I brought a friend over today, who managed to get this machine to run.

Save it, Iggy.
If at all possible, save it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 14 May 2014 11:34:03 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

I will scrap this machine in 2 weeks if I cannot find a buyer.

The plus of this machine is that it is very heavy duty. The minus, is
that it is probably a slow machine, something that cannot be fixed
with retrofitting.

Yep, 1600 RPM max is a killer

Not with 50 taper tooling its not.

That machine was designed to make heavy cuts with large tools.

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Not with 50 taper tooling its not.

And 10" diameter cutters!
Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Not with 50 taper tooling its not.

And 10" diameter cutters!

1600 RPM with a 10: diameter cutter, is "scary fast".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Here's a video of this machine running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BOcR0ewvo
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Not with 50 taper tooling its not.

And 10" diameter cutters!

1600 RPM with a 10: diameter cutter, is "scary fast".

If the chips are not incadescent you running the machine to
to slow and losing money. So i was told by a former employer.
10" cutter on that machine is no big deal.

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 14 May 2014 18:06:49 -0500, Ignoramus8923

On 2014-05-14, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Not with 50 taper tooling its not.

And 10" diameter cutters!

1600 RPM with a 10: diameter cutter, is "scary fast".

Now that yall have thought about it...what was that about not enough
RPM again?

chuckle....

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 May 2014 19:21:59 -0500, Ignoramus16374 wrote:

Thie is a German "Droop an Rein" milling machine that weighs about
40,000 lbs.

http://yabe.chudov.com/HUGE-GERMAN-D...E-CNC-MILLING-

MACHINE-90095/index.html

It is a very nice machine, up to 20,000 lbs weight of the part to be
machined, the head tilts, 30 HP spindle motor(!) etc.

I own it, bought at auction.

I would really hate to see this machine to go to a scrap yard, it is so
beautiful. But the cost of dismantling and storing it would be
prohibitive for me. If I do not fnid a buyer in the next 5 days, it will
be scrapped.

My heart really bleeds for this machine.

Whatinhell do you have against Canadians? Some of my best customers are
Canadian!

People who smoke dope shouldn't sell dope. I'm thinking maybe people who
love machine tools shouldn't buy them for scrap -- it's kind of like a
horse-loving knacker.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 14 May 2014 19:37:50 -0500, Ignoramus8923
wrote:

Here's a video of this machine running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BOcR0ewvo

What code does it use ? M3s500 for spindle or something European?

Ive passed the word on to a couple guys. How much are you wanting for
it?

Shipping to California is gonna be pricey...

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Not with 50 taper tooling its not.

And 10" diameter cutters!

1600 RPM with a 10: diameter cutter, is "scary fast".

Now that yall have thought about it...what was that about not enough
RPM again?

chuckle....

Myself, I was saying slow regardnig the speed of X, Y, Z movements

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-15, Tim Wescott wrote:
People who smoke dope shouldn't sell dope. I'm thinking maybe people who
love machine tools shouldn't buy them for scrap -- it's kind of like a
horse-loving knacker.

I cannot disclose what I paid, but I could not refuse bidding at the
price I got it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Here's a video of this machine running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BOcR0ewvo

What code does it use ? M3s500 for spindle or something European?

Ive passed the word on to a couple guys. How much are you wanting for
it?

Shipping to California is gonna be pricey...

Even disassembly and loading would be pricey.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Not with 50 taper tooling its not.

And 10" diameter cutters!

1600 RPM with a 10: diameter cutter, is "scary fast".

Now that yall have thought about it...what was that about not enough
RPM again?

chuckle....

Myself, I was saying slow regardnig the speed of X, Y, Z movements

How many IPM will it do? I rather suspect it will burn up inserts as
it will move more than fast enough.

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-14, Ignoramus16374 wrote:
Thie is a German "Droop an Rein" milling machine that weighs about
40,000 lbs.

http://yabe.chudov.com/HUGE-GERMAN-D...095/index.html

sold

I-5 and a milling machine. Bill McKee Metalworking 17 November 28th 09 05:09 AM
milling machine gilles Woodworking 6 February 17th 07 07:16 PM
milling machine gilles Woodworking 11 January 24th 07 12:23 PM
Help on CNC Milling Machine Cliff Metalworking 0 December 29th 05 01:44 PM
F.S. Milling machine Dan Buckman Metalworking 1 March 10th 04 10:27 PM