Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16374 Ignoramus16374 is offline

Default 40,000 lbs milling machine

On 2014-05-14, Karl Townsend wrote:
Actually, as far as I know, most ferrous scrap is remelted here in the
good old USA.

You should see it to appreciate it. It is very attractive
looking. HUGE does not even describe it.

I would LOVE to see it run. My son's first job was running a
bridgemill that worked on parts the size of a RR car.

I also would love to see it run.

I also believe that it is a great candidate for any kind of retrofit.

I wonder if location is the determining factor for scrap. Around here,
prepared steel goes to Duluth to be loaded on the ship.

Loaded on a ship, yes, and then probably goes to Indiana or Ohio.