Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I bought eight semi trailers today

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:33:30 PM UTC-8, Ignoramus25526 wrote:
Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

They day iggy actually makes something on his own that's real quality is the day I die.

I'm going to live to be a very old man. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:33:30 -0600, Ignoramus25526
wrote:

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

I got one for $700 delivered a while back. VERY CHEAP storage
building. Bet I can sell it for more at any time.

Bet you got them for under $100 each if you have to move them
yourself.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

I got one for $700 delivered a while back. VERY CHEAP storage
building. Bet I can sell it for more at any time.

Bet you got them for under $100 each if you have to move them
yourself.

I paid a lot more than that for them. But with scrap prices where they
are, I think that I can come ahead anyway. I can cut the legs and
axles off and move three trailers per round trip to the scrap yard, on
my own flatbed semi trailer.

Here are some representative pictures

http://goo.gl/aPDwca
http://goo.gl/Hg2uxz
http://goo.gl/mvxcfA
http://goo.gl/xpS1bA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

I got one for $700 delivered a while back. VERY CHEAP storage
building. Bet I can sell it for more at any time.

Bet you got them for under $100 each if you have to move them
yourself.

I paid a lot more than that for them. But with scrap prices where they
are, I think that I can come ahead anyway. I can cut the legs and
axles off and move three trailers per round trip to the scrap yard, on
my own flatbed semi trailer.

Here are some representative pictures

http://goo.gl/aPDwca
http://goo.gl/Hg2uxz
http://goo.gl/mvxcfA
http://goo.gl/xpS1bA

You got a hellofa lot of steel there iggy.

I thought you meant cargo vans. Mine's an insulated reefer. real nice
cheap building now.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

I got one for $700 delivered a while back. VERY CHEAP storage
building. Bet I can sell it for more at any time.

Bet you got them for under $100 each if you have to move them
yourself.

I paid a lot more than that for them. But with scrap prices where they
are, I think that I can come ahead anyway. I can cut the legs and
axles off and move three trailers per round trip to the scrap yard, on
my own flatbed semi trailer.

Here are some representative pictures

http://goo.gl/aPDwca
http://goo.gl/Hg2uxz
http://goo.gl/mvxcfA
http://goo.gl/xpS1bA

You got a hellofa lot of steel there iggy.

I am thinking each contains appx. 6-7 short tons of steel. and perhaps
some tires may be resellable.

I thought you meant cargo vans. Mine's an insulated reefer. real nice
cheap building now.

I recently saw one company that was owned by a rich hoarder. He had a
big yard, maybe 2 acres. It was completely filled with storage semi
trailer vans, full of crap, unbelievable sight.

This crap is right now on auction he

https://www.apexauctions.com/auction...auctionId=1104

That guy already extended the timed auction, by 40 days, TWICE. (!!!!)

He believes that he has a bunch of treasures. What I see is a bunch of
scrap metal junk that is hard to get out of those semi trailers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Dont know much about industrial food handling equipment do you...?

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

I got one for $700 delivered a while back. VERY CHEAP storage
building. Bet I can sell it for more at any time.

Bet you got them for under $100 each if you have to move them
yourself.

I paid a lot more than that for them. But with scrap prices where they
are, I think that I can come ahead anyway. I can cut the legs and
axles off and move three trailers per round trip to the scrap yard, on
my own flatbed semi trailer.

Here are some representative pictures

http://goo.gl/aPDwca
http://goo.gl/Hg2uxz

Ooh, some nice tubing there. Gonna keep it?

http://goo.gl/mvxcfA
http://goo.gl/xpS1bA

Plenty of pre-loaded scrap there. Is there a market for used I-beams
that large? I'll bet you could get a lot more than scrap prices for
them.

Good haul, as usual.

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

I got one for $700 delivered a while back. VERY CHEAP storage
building. Bet I can sell it for more at any time.

Bet you got them for under $100 each if you have to move them
yourself.

I paid a lot more than that for them. But with scrap prices where they
are, I think that I can come ahead anyway. I can cut the legs and
axles off and move three trailers per round trip to the scrap yard, on
my own flatbed semi trailer.

Here are some representative pictures

http://goo.gl/aPDwca
http://goo.gl/Hg2uxz
http://goo.gl/mvxcfA
http://goo.gl/xpS1bA

The blue one in the third photo looks pretty good. An hour or so with
a sand blaster and some paint and it would look pretty good.
Though..Ive not seen underneath

the second photo also looks pretty decent..10 minutes with a cutting
torch to get rid of the front barrier..same as above

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I agree. My own semi flatbed that I use all the time, needed some
extensive repairs in the kingpin area.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

A few of them could very well actually be BETTER than the one you are
currently using - with a little bit of cleaning up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

I got one for $700 delivered a while back. VERY CHEAP storage building.
Bet I can sell it for more at any time.

Bet you got them for under $100 each if you have to move them yourself.

Karl! Ask if any of them are big enough for your boat!

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Scary but true, I bought 8 semi trailers today at an auction.

All are junk and rusted, but the price was right.

I got one for $700 delivered a while back. VERY CHEAP storage building.
Bet I can sell it for more at any time.

Bet you got them for under $100 each if you have to move them yourself.

Karl! Ask if any of them are big enough for your boat!

Yeah, all you'd need to do is build a cradle for the boat, and a two
or three axle Class 5 or 6 "City Tractor" retired from a beverage
distributor. You wouldn't need a full-on Class 8 tractor with that
light of a load.

-- Bruce --