Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ok Electron heads...big question!

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:08:35 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

I scored (2) deep cycle batteries, pretty good sized

ones...but..they

are 8 volt batteries.

If I hook them in series..I get 16.75 volts when charged with a

decent

"deep cycle/gell cell" charger

If the voltage is too high..what cheap and easy method is there to

drop the voltage down to 13.5/12vts to run my various electronic

devices? Besides a big as resistor....?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BYRJXGA/..._26725410_item

I haven't tested mine much beyond confirming that it works. Its input

current from 24V is considerably less than its output current at 12V.

jsw

This thing is small enough and cheap enough that I would throw a couple of them into an ammo box (or some other sealed enclosure) and split the load between the two.

Good find, Jim.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:08:35 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BYRJXGA/..._26725410_item
I haven't tested mine much beyond confirming that it works. Its
input
current from 24V is considerably less than its output current at
12V.
jsw

This thing is small enough and cheap enough that I would throw a
couple of them into an ammo box (or some other sealed enclosure) and
split the load between the two.

Good find, Jim.

It lacks an undervoltage detector to shut it off before the battery
voltage drops too low:
http://www.progressivedyn.com/battery_basics.html
"NOTE: Discharging a [12V] lead acid battery below 10.5 volts will
severely damage it!"

jsw

Ok Electron heads...big question! Howard Beal Metalworking 22 February 18th 14 01:58 AM
Ok Electron heads...big question! Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 2 February 12th 14 04:46 AM
Electron gun sona Electronics 0 December 30th 08 06:22 AM
In Need of a 50-kV Electron Gun Robert Baer Electronics Repair 5 June 18th 04 09:51 AM