Robert Baer

Default In Need of a 50-kV Electron Gun

Murat Ozer wrote:

Dear colleagues:
In a posting in 2002, I had asked for information for a 50-kV electron
gun. Somebody from Seattle, Washington had contacted me and offered me
his old electron gun. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost his e-mail
address. If you are that person, will you please contact me if you
still have the electron gun?

Regards,

Murat Ozer
e-mail:

Steal one from a color CRT...
Rich Grise

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
Murat Ozer wrote:

Dear colleagues:
In a posting in 2002, I had asked for information for a 50-kV electron
gun. Somebody from Seattle, Washington had contacted me and offered me
his old electron gun. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost his e-mail
address. If you are that person, will you please contact me if you
still have the electron gun?

Regards,

Murat Ozer
e-mail:

Steal one from a color CRT...

They're only 25kV. He'd need two in series.

Cheers!
Rich

Peter van Merkerk

Murat Ozer wrote:

Dear colleagues:
In a posting in 2002, I had asked for information for a 50-kV

electron
gun. Somebody from Seattle, Washington had contacted me and offered

me
his old electron gun. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost his e-mail
address. If you are that person, will you please contact me if you
still have the electron gun?

Regards,

Murat Ozer
e-mail:

Steal one from a color CRT...

They're only 25kV. He'd need two in series.

A color TV has three of those, so what is the problem :-)

--
Peter van Merkerk
peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

James Sweet

Murat Ozer wrote:

Dear colleagues:
In a posting in 2002, I had asked for information for a 50-kV electron
gun. Somebody from Seattle, Washington had contacted me and offered me
his old electron gun. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost his e-mail
address. If you are that person, will you please contact me if you
still have the electron gun?

Regards,

Murat Ozer
e-mail:

Steal one from a color CRT...

They're only 25kV. He'd need two in series.

Cheers!
Rich

You can't wire electron guns in series! They need only be grounded, just
charge the target to 50kV.

Robert Baer

Murat Ozer wrote:

Dear colleagues:
In a posting in 2002, I had asked for information for a 50-kV electron
gun. Somebody from Seattle, Washington had contacted me and offered me
his old electron gun. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost his e-mail
address. If you are that person, will you please contact me if you
still have the electron gun?

Regards,

Murat Ozer
e-mail:

Steal one from a color CRT...

They're only 25kV. He'd need two in series.

Cheers!
Rich

Nope! The CRTs run from about 20KV to about 30KV, and that is the
*anode* voltage; not relevant to the electron gun at all.