Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Video -- how to take down an overhead conveyor system :)

Please do not watch this video,
if you are prone to apoplexy.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...nveyor-System/

That was a scrap job in a building to be demolished.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 16:29:03 -0600, Ignoramus24227
wrote:

Please do not watch this video,
if you are prone to apoplexy.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...nveyor-System/

That was a scrap job in a building to be demolished.

PROfessionals at work, eh? g Hopefully, it didn't chip the guy's
floor too badly.

Why didn't you resell it? Small, growing businesses should love those
at bargain prices. A friend in San Marcos, CA has been automating
small SoCal businesses for the past decade. I bet he could find some
buyers for you. Ping me offline if you want Terry's name and number.

--
I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during
my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.

Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Please do not watch this video,
if you are prone to apoplexy.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...nveyor-System/

That was a scrap job in a building to be demolished.

PROfessionals at work, eh? g Hopefully, it didn't chip the guy's
floor too badly.

And even if it did chip the floor -- the building is going to be
demolished in March. (see above)

Why didn't you resell it? Small, growing businesses should love those
at bargain prices. A friend in San Marcos, CA has been automating
small SoCal businesses for the past decade. I bet he could find some
buyers for you. Ping me offline if you want Terry's name and number.

I love buying conveyors, but I gave up on selling them, except for the
smallest ones. I part them out, take out the motors, drives, controls,
electronic eyes, etc, and scrap the metal.

Selling conveyors is expensive, because of how much room they take and
how much work they need to transport and store them. They are also
expensive to ship.

Additionally, most people like you mentioned, who set up shop
automation, would rather buy a new system for $50,000, than used
conveyors for $2,000. This makes sense, since new conveyors are
better, old conveyors may be damaged, shipping is expensive, etc.

The exception is smaller relatively modern, standalone conveyors.

As for these conveyors, in addition to the parts you mentioned, I will
also keep several pillar supports that you saw coming down. I will use
them for making welding tables, they are very heavy duty (3/16 or 1/4"
thick).

This is a huge custom built system. No one will want it.