Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DIY Overhead Garage Storage Pulley System plans needed.

DIY Overhead Garage Storage Pulley System plans needed.

Hi.

I've been searching the internet for a do-it-yourself overhead garage
storage system that I can raise and lower. I'm planning on using a
sheet of 3/4 OSB for the shelf and then raising and lowering it on a
pulley system to get some seldom used stuff up and out of the way in
the garage. Can someone find a web site that has some plans for doing
such a thing? I've seen the steel versions for purchase, but I want to
build my own.
Posted to alt.home.repair

kjdub had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ed-288717-.htm
:
Did you ever get any info on this? I'm trying to do the same thing and
not having much luck finding any helpful info either.

-------------------------------------
Ward wrote:

DIY Overhead Garage Storage Pulley System plans needed.

Hi.

I've been searching the internet for a do-it-yourself overhead garage
storage system that I can raise and lower. I'm planning on using a
sheet of 3/4 OSB for the shelf and then raising and lowering it on a
pulley system to get some seldom used stuff up and out of the way in
the garage. Can someone find a web site that has some plans for doing
such a thing? I've seen the steel versions for purchase, but I want to
build my own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

sandras had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ed-366276-.htm
:
Did you ever find plans for and overhead garage storage pulley system?
Would like to build one myself for a truck cap. Store it on the ceiling
when not in use, lower it onto the truck bed when we need it. Let me know
if you found anything. thanks
Sandra

Ward wrote:

DIY Overhead Garage Storage Pulley System plans needed.

Hi.

I've been searching the internet for a do-it-yourself overhead
garage
storage system that I can raise and lower. I'm planning on using a
sheet of 3/4 OSB for the shelf and then raising and lowering it on
pulley system to get some seldom used stuff up and out of the way
in
the garage. Can someone find a web site that has some plans for
doing
such a thing? I've seen the steel versions for purchase, but I
want to
build my own.

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 9:49*am,
(sandras) wrote:
sandras had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-DIY-Overhead-Garage-St...
*:

kjdub wrote:
kjdub had written this in response to

http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...d-Garage-Stora...

*:
Ward wrote:
DIY Overhead Garage Storage Pulley System plans needed.
Hi.
I've been searching the internet for a do-it-yourself overhead
garage
storage system that I can raise and lower. I'm planning on using a
sheet of 3/4 OSB for the shelf and then raising and lowering it on
pulley system to get some seldom used stuff up and out of the way
in
the garage. Can someone find a web site that has some plans for
doing
such a thing? I've seen the steel versions for purchase, but I
want to
build my own.

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

-------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

My brother made one years ago. He came by a hand winch that was used
to raise and lower basketball goals. He used a full sheet of plywood
with the edges reinforced with angle iron and a lot of pulleys to get
the steel cable to go where he needed. Personally I thought it was a
Rube Goldberg contraption. I floored the space over my garage and
installed a pull down ladder and have a block and tackle that I can
use to hoist stuff up into the attic. This is much safer than trying
to carry things up the ladder.

Jimmie