Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Christie crashes and burns at Superbowl.

No matter what happens to fat boy nobody will believe he didn't know about BridgeGate .. and will also blame him for not knowing what his aids were doing.

And then there is sandygate brewing.

Hahajaja
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, February 2, 2014 11:38:52 AM UTC-5, Thanks for all the free stuff -TeaBillies ! wrote:
No matter what happens to fat boy nobody will believe he didn't know about BridgeGate .. and will also blame him for not knowing what his aids were doing.

Typical Rec.crafts,metalworking OT poster claiming what will happen without waiting for real evidence.

I personally find it difficult to believe that Christy is stupid enough to arrange traffic jams. It had no effect on the major. It only affected the commuters. And if people did not knew what caused it, it had no value. And with people knowing, it had negative value.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, February 3, 2014 10:11:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 11:38:52 AM UTC-5, Thanks for all the free stuff -TeaBillies ! wrote:

No matter what happens to fat boy nobody will believe he didn't know about BridgeGate .. and will also blame him for not knowing what his aids were doing.

Typical Rec.crafts,metalworking OT poster claiming what will happen without waiting for real evidence.

I personally find it difficult to believe that Christy is stupid enough to arrange traffic jams. It had no effect on the major. It only affected the commuters. And if people did not knew what caused it, it had no value. And with people knowing, it had negative value.
Dan

Dan,
Christie spent over two hours at a press conference claiming to have had no knowledge of the lane closures until after it was all over. That has since been proven false. He is getting caught in his own web of lies.

Christie was a very good federal prosecutor - he put away many political crooks in NJ, and I thank him for that.

But... To say something like, "I asked my office staff, and they said they had no involvement in the lane closures" and to leave it at that is simply not the way a skilled investigator (which Christie is [or was, before he was elected governor]) does things.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, February 3, 2014 4:29:13 PM UTC-5, rangerssuck wrote:

Christie spent over two hours at a press conference claiming to have had no knowledge of the lane closures until after it was all over. That has since been proven false. He is getting caught in his own web of lies.

I have to admit that I have not paid a lot of attention to this. What evidence is there that he did know about the lane closures? The last I heard is that David W. claimed there was evidence, but had not produced it. I figure in a week or so, it will be clearer about who knew what when.

What I really do not understand is what benefit did anyone think was possible from closing the lanes and causing a traffic jam. Christie is guilty of poor judgment in hiring stupid people for his staff. And of being stupid himself if he knew of the scheme before it was implemented.

Christie was a very good federal prosecutor - he put away many political crooks in NJ, and I thank him for that.

But... To say something like, "I asked my office staff, and they said they had no involvement in the lane closures" and to leave it at that is simply not the way a skilled investigator (which Christie is [or was, before he was elected governor]) does things.

It kind of depends on how interested Christie was when he asked. I could see Christie reading the newspaper , seeing an article on the traffic jams , and casually asking if anyone of his staff was involved, Possibly the newspaper article said something about the traffic jams being the result af a traffic study. On the other hand if he asked after his office was suspected of causing the jams,................

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, February 3, 2014 9:12:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, February 3, 2014 4:29:13 PM UTC-5, rangerssuck wrote:

Christie spent over two hours at a press conference claiming to have had no knowledge of the lane closures until after it was all over. That has since been proven false. He is getting caught in his own web of lies.

I have to admit that I have not paid a lot of attention to this. What evidence is there that he did know about the lane closures? The last I heard is that David W. claimed there was evidence, but had not produced it. I figure in a week or so, it will be clearer about who knew what when.

As I live within three miles of the George Washington Bridge, I have paid a LOT of attention to it. I am not going to enumerate all the points of evidence here, they are readily available on line if you care to look. But for one, Christie claimed to have not been in touch with Wildstein, while there are two photographs of them together DURING the lane closures.

What I really do not understand is what benefit did anyone think was possible from closing the lanes and causing a traffic jam. Christie is guilty of poor judgment in hiring stupid people for his staff. And of being stupid himself if he knew of the scheme before it was implemented.

I have no clue whatsoever of what would have to have been going through someone's mind to think this was a good idea. As recently as yesterday, Christie claimed that it was a "traffic study."

Christie was a very good federal prosecutor - he put away many political crooks in NJ, and I thank him for that.

But... To say something like, "I asked my office staff, and they said they had no involvement in the lane closures" and to leave it at that is simply not the way a skilled investigator (which Christie is [or was, before he was elected governor]) does things.

It kind of depends on how interested Christie was when he asked. I could see Christie reading the newspaper , seeing an article on the traffic jams , and casually asking if anyone of his staff was involved, Possibly the newspaper article said something about the traffic jams being the result af a traffic study. On the other hand if he asked after his office was suspected of causing the jams,................

It was the latter. His office was suspected, and he called them all together and (according to Christie) gave them a half-hour to fess up. When nobody admitted to any involvement or knowledge, that was apparently enough for this tough investigative prosecutor.

At this point, it's getting kind of boring watching them squirm. Christie provided much better entertainment when he was locking up political scum. Most of them, by the way, were Democrats - I'm an equal-opportunity political scum hater.

Dan

Jesse