Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Christie crashes and burns at Superbowl.

On Monday, February 3, 2014 4:29:13 PM UTC-5, rangerssuck wrote:

Christie spent over two hours at a press conference claiming to have had no knowledge of the lane closures until after it was all over. That has since been proven false. He is getting caught in his own web of lies.

I have to admit that I have not paid a lot of attention to this. What evidence is there that he did know about the lane closures? The last I heard is that David W. claimed there was evidence, but had not produced it. I figure in a week or so, it will be clearer about who knew what when.

What I really do not understand is what benefit did anyone think was possible from closing the lanes and causing a traffic jam. Christie is guilty of poor judgment in hiring stupid people for his staff. And of being stupid himself if he knew of the scheme before it was implemented.

Christie was a very good federal prosecutor - he put away many political crooks in NJ, and I thank him for that.

But... To say something like, "I asked my office staff, and they said they had no involvement in the lane closures" and to leave it at that is simply not the way a skilled investigator (which Christie is [or was, before he was elected governor]) does things.

It kind of depends on how interested Christie was when he asked. I could see Christie reading the newspaper , seeing an article on the traffic jams , and casually asking if anyone of his staff was involved, Possibly the newspaper article said something about the traffic jams being the result af a traffic study. On the other hand if he asked after his office was suspected of causing the jams,................

Dan