Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stupid idea for lathe attachment

On 2014-01-26, robobass wrote:

I recognize that name. Welcome back!

... Only those who are willing to keep a really active

killfile. The political junk from trolls has been chasing off most of

the better regulars.

Don,

Yeah, it's too bad what has happened to this forum. I started reading
it in the late '90's when I had just started up a commercial art shop
and knew very little about machinery (not that I'm an expert now!). RCM
was incredibly valuable to me then. It was almost like having a team of
veteran machinists dropping by for an hour every evening, looking over
my operation, and offering tips and criticism. Now you have to really
scroll to find anything remotely on topic. All good things... It's
encouraging at least that this thread turned out to have been worth
something. Now that I'm back in the game I'll start checking in here
again.

The more valid metalworking threads the better. Right now the
total volume seems to be falling (in the past few weeks), and the
percentage of metalworking increasing a bit, so there may be hope.

Of course, I do still run an active killfile. But I've seen it
leave only about 10-15% and today it was closer to 50% I think. (Unless
it is an artifact of news propagation and things are worse elsewhere.

Some have gone off to web based fora -- but I just can't be
comfortable using a web browser to type in articles. :-)

A couple of metalworking-related mailing lists still going. One
for the local metalworking club (Washington DC vicinity), and the other
more international, and focused on model building, with metalworking one
of the necessary parts of that.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--