Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Portable soldering iron recommendations?

My trusty Portasol has, apparently, given up the ghost. I don't use it very often, but when I need it (as I did yesterday), I expect it to work. Yesterday it did not. I filled it with butane, turned it on, and no gas flowed. The on/off switch feels kind of funky, and I suppose that after the 20 or so years that I've had it, I can't complain.

So, today I went looking at Amazon, ebay, home depot, etc, and it seems like there's a pretty huge array, some good reviews and some horrible reviews for each of them.

I don't want to spend a LOT of money, but I don't want to but crap, either. Any suggestions would be welcome.