Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Big aluminum check valves?

I have a bunch of check valves, look like 1 1/4 NPT. They are check
valves, opened by low pressure, and are made of aluminum. Would anyone
know what they are called and for sort of application. I looked and
could not find anything similar.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus16281 wrote:

I have a bunch of check valves, look like 1 1/4 NPT. They are check
valves, opened by low pressure, and are made of aluminum. Would anyone
know what they are called and for sort of application. I looked and
could not find anything similar.

That size is probably good for sump pump use.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 07:47:01 -0600, Ignoramus16281
wrote:

I have a bunch of check valves, look like 1 1/4 NPT. They are check
valves, opened by low pressure, and are made of aluminum. Would anyone
know what they are called and for sort of application. I looked and
could not find anything similar.

They're called check valves or foot valves, depending upon purpose.
Checks are usually inline, with foot valves having only one end
threaded. Foot valves are used in well and sump lines for keeping the
line primed.

--
I hate being bipolar ....... It's awesome!

Check Valves TheOldFellow UK diy 3 August 31st 09 02:05 AM
Can you get 'low pressure' Check Valves? [email protected] UK diy 4 July 24th 08 11:39 PM
Double check valves long ironer UK diy 2 June 27th 06 11:53 PM
Check valves Ben Edgington UK diy 0 August 31st 05 12:29 PM
Do Well Check Valves need to be vertical? PaulJ Home Repair 1 March 31st 05 05:42 PM