Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default So, how has your insurance been affected by your president?

On 10/29/2013 4:03 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
You guys have it easy. My wife is on high risk underwritten by the
state of MN (Mshaw) as no other company would insure her for many
years now. She has been told the policy will fold after 2014 and the
rate is up $1500 a year for next year to just over $7K. And that's
with a $3K deductible. Plus she's being told she can no longer go to
the same Docs.

She's asked for bids from other sources. So far, nobody has called
back.

Karl

Thanks to Democrats all over...

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Prepare for the next step in the implmentation.
I expect this to get only worse, as time goes on.

My wife just got off the phaone, AGAIN. She's not able to get
insurance that lets her continue to go to Park Nicholet or Mayo where
her doctors are. the part that REALLY ****ES HER OFF is if we lived
three miles further east (next county), there would be no trouble at
all.

leave it to the feds to add a whole bunch of new silly regs to make
insurance IMPOSSIBLE. Like it wasn't bad enough already.

There is no doubt in my mind that her quality of life will suffer if
this can't be fixed. And it don't look good.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

Prepare for the next step in the implmentation.
I expect this to get only worse, as time goes on.

My wife just got off the phaone, AGAIN. She's not able to get
insurance that lets her continue to go to Park Nicholet or Mayo where
her doctors are. the part that REALLY ****ES HER OFF is if we lived
three miles further east (next county), there would be no trouble at
all.

leave it to the feds to add a whole bunch of new silly regs to make
insurance IMPOSSIBLE. Like it wasn't bad enough already.

There is no doubt in my mind that her quality of life will suffer if
this can't be fixed. And it don't look good.

Karl

Buy a cheap house three miles over and live there 51% of the time.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:52713a8c$0
:

Buy a cheap house three miles over and live there 51% of the time.

Yep... perfect.

You're in financial straights because of health issues. Without the
insurance, you couldn't afford the treatments, or you could afford them,
but not your lifestyle -- take your pick.

So the solution is, "buy a cheap house".

Right... (do you work for the government, Pete? G)

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:52713a8c$0
:

Buy a cheap house three miles over and live there 51% of the time.

Yep... perfect.

You're in financial straights because of health issues. Without the
insurance, you couldn't afford the treatments, or you could afford them,
but not your lifestyle -- take your pick.

Who said they were in financial straights? He said the high risk
insurance was very expensive, and has become worse since Obummercare,
not that they couldn't afford it. They run an apparently successful
business, so one would reasonably expect they could afford to establish
a new residence a few miles away if it improved their insurance
situation. Indeed they could probably lease the current place and make
it a wash financially, and down the road if the insurance situation were
to improve simply move back.