Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best hold in thin alumium?

I have a problem holding thin aluminum, about .080", together for a period of 3 - 4
months in an outdoor environment. I have tried drilling and taping with # 8, 10, 12,
fine & course thread machine bolts, which last a few cycles then strip out. The force
needed is about 3 - 5 lb compression. I only have limited access to one side of the
joint. I'm now thinking of a finer thread screw such as drywall screws which are
designed for metal studs. Any thoughts or suggestions??

To reply to this message please remove the AT
after the kgs1 in the reply to address.
To a conservatist's it truly is a free country,
YOU may do whatever they wish. KG