Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pure gas in my metal van engine

Having LOTS of trouble starting my 1995 Chevrolet
van with the metal 350 engine.

Switched from 87 octane 10% ethanol to 91 octane
pure gas. Now, it starts like it's supposed to.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Then I'd say you have a problem with the engine that will probably only get
worse. I have a 1993 Chevy pickup with an ancient 350 that starts great on
the 87 octane gas w/ethanol. I also have over 20 other engines around here
that work well on the same stuff. Even the old push type rotary mower
started on the first pull after sitting for 2 years!

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Having LOTS of trouble starting my 1995 Chevrolet
van with the metal 350 engine.

Switched from 87 octane 10% ethanol to 91 octane
pure gas. Now, it starts like it's supposed to.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/21/2013 1:42 PM, Pete S wrote:
Then I'd say you have a problem with the engine that will probably only
get worse. I have a 1993 Chevy pickup with an ancient 350 that starts
great on the 87 octane gas w/ethanol. I also have over 20 other engines
around here that work well on the same stuff. Even the old push type
rotary mower started on the first pull after sitting for 2 years!

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Having LOTS of trouble starting my 1995 Chevrolet
van with the metal 350 engine.

Switched from 87 octane 10% ethanol to 91 octane
pure gas. Now, it starts like it's supposed to.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

You're right on time. Today (Monday Oct 21) the exhaust
sheared, just front of the muffler. And it runs very
poorly.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/21/2013 6:01 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/21/2013 1:42 PM, Pete S wrote:
Then I'd say you have a problem with the engine that will probably only
get worse. I have a 1993 Chevy pickup with an ancient 350 that starts
great on the 87 octane gas w/ethanol. I also have over 20 other engines
around here that work well on the same stuff. Even the old push type
rotary mower started on the first pull after sitting for 2 years!

You're right on time. Today (Monday Oct 21) the exhaust
sheared, just front of the muffler. And it runs very
poorly.

Tuesday Oct 22. Engine still runs poorly. Call my
mechanic who says "sounds like vacuum leak".

After some looking around, find the EGR valve is
defective. After some repairs, the van runs properly
at idle, again.

Thank you, Pete S.

..
Christopher A. Young