Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pure gas in my metal van engine

On 10/21/2013 6:01 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/21/2013 1:42 PM, Pete S wrote:
Then I'd say you have a problem with the engine that will probably only
get worse. I have a 1993 Chevy pickup with an ancient 350 that starts
great on the 87 octane gas w/ethanol. I also have over 20 other engines
around here that work well on the same stuff. Even the old push type
rotary mower started on the first pull after sitting for 2 years!

You're right on time. Today (Monday Oct 21) the exhaust
sheared, just front of the muffler. And it runs very
poorly.

Tuesday Oct 22. Engine still runs poorly. Call my
mechanic who says "sounds like vacuum leak".

After some looking around, find the EGR valve is
defective. After some repairs, the van runs properly
at idle, again.

Thank you, Pete S.

..
Christopher A. Young