Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yet Another Area Of Home Shop Machining That Wieber's Clique OfIdiots Have Zero Knowledge Of

On 2013-10-22, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 10/21/2013 10:40 AM, Rudy Canoza wrote:

I think I understand now why little jonny banqueer is among the

long-term unemployed.

It seems that if you have a criminal record for wife beating like JB,

you just don't get hired. I won't hire anybody with a criminal history

of violence, who would?

Wife beating would not be a disqualification to me personally. A lot

of times, an accusation of family violence is just another tool to get

leverage during a divorce. But, I would not hire Jon Banquer because

he is dumb and clearly unproductive.

It seems he's infatuated with cadcam but nobody here cares. He has

issues that creep me out, thus he's in the bozo bin.

More lies from a known liar. The real issue Tom Gardner has with me is that I know he can't run a business and I point out the specifics of exactly why you can't run a business. The outdated sad joke of website for Ohio Brush hasn't been updated in 13 years:

http://www.ohiobrush.com/

Tom Gardner won't even answer basic questions like where his brushes can be purchased in SoCal.

No one in the San Diego, California market has even heard of Ohio Brush. I called the largest industrial hardware store in San Diego and they never even heard of Ohio Brush:

http://www.marshallshardware.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:05:35 AM UTC-4, BottleBob wrote:
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:31:57 PM UTC-7, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 10/19/2013 10:56 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 19:14:26 -0700 (PDT), BottleBob

wrote:

Wife-beater boy found somebody that hasn't killfiled him?

Tom:

I'm sort of an observer of human nature... that's why I don't killfile anyone. When replying, I try to respond to the productive machining "gems" that people post, and not get caught in any extraneous & antagonistic quicksand.

--

BottleBob

http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Bob -
And I totally appreciate your response to the machining post. If the rest of the people here would start acting like adults instead of nursery school children... Well it would be nice if there was actual on-topic discussion. Your intra-post filtering of the content is masterful and I salute you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PCS PCS is offline

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:38:47 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

Instead, they buy something like a Haas Toolroom mill which has a toolchanger and full 3 as well as optional 4 axis capabilities.

Not a Haas GR510 Gantry Router?

BTW, anybody know WTF ever happened to EA?

--

PaulS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:12:11 AM UTC-7, PCS wrote:
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:38:47 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

Instead, they buy something like a Haas Toolroom mill which has a toolchanger and full 3 as well as optional 4 axis capabilities.

Not a Haas GR510 Gantry Router?

BTW, anybody know WTF ever happened to EA?

--

PaulS

Hey purchased a new Haas gantry mill. Suspect he's busy making it profitable. Could be wrong.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Tue, 22 Oct 2013 08:37:18 -0700
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 16:18:12 -0700 (PDT), BottleBob
wrote:
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 3:57:14 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
Probably 75% of the job shops I do service work have button pushers
running the machines. Maybe one or two programmers..who generally also
run machines. The other 25% are as you describe. Before the Death of
Manufacturing in California..Id say the percentages were 90% and 10%.

Now the buttton pushers do check their output...and most of them are
allowed to change offsets. Not all..but most.

The few that dont...are told to let the super know the moment the part
starts getting close to out of tolerance and he comes over and makes
the decision..tool change or change offsets. All too often its making
an offset change because the tool will run another shifts worth of
parts and the insert costs $20. The last parts...finish..isnt always
"pretty"

Gunner:

I don't doubt your figures, but we may have slightly different definitions of what a "prototype job shop" and a "short run production shop" are.
In a "short run production shop" the programmer would probably run a first article himself to test out the program and setup. Then hand it over to the operator to start cranking out parts.
In a "prototype job shop" after the first article is done (or maybe one or two more parts), the job is DONE. It just doesn't pay to get someone else involved.
But then again, there are any number of shops that might fall in between those two definitions.

Indeed there are. Here in California..I find a surprising number of
programmers who never...never go to the shop floor, let alone touch a
machine.

I'm back in school for "retraining" in CAD. [I originally took
drafting back when "Computer Aided Drafting" was so much Science
Fiction] Ufda. Basically, the number of folks in the classes with
manufacturing experience is a low percentage.
But ... if you've run the machines, you have an idea of what
really works. You also take manufacturing into the Design Intent
Decisions.

grumble, grumble - until the first pass, that block of material
has no "real" dimensions. Until you decide which side is the "front"
side, you can't say which is the top or right perspective.

"Only Customers pay Wages"

"Until parts go out the door, paychecks can't come in."

"The company exists to collect my pay from the customers."

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich