Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Linkedln invatition scam

LinkedIn Customers Allege Company Hacked E-Mail Addresses.

In an e-mail to Bloomberg yesterday, Deborah Lagutaris, whose LinkedIn
profile describes her as a tax preparer, real estate broker and former law
clerk, said LinkedIn contacted more than 3,000 people in her name, including
those copied in on her e-mail messages.

"This means that not only direct e-mail contacts but peripherals as well,"
were used, she said. "I contacted LinkedIn and they said, 'Oh, you can
remove all those invitations from your account manually. We don't know what
happened.'"

Instead, she said she added a disclaimer to her LinkedIn page saying she
hadn't sent the invitations.

Jeffrey Barr of Livingston, said in an e-mail that he estimated LinkedIn
used as many as 200 names and e-mail addresses of his contacts, inviting
them to connect with him on the site.

LinkedIn software engineer Brian Guan described his role on the company's
website as "devising hack schemes to make lots of $$$ with Java, Groovy and
cunning at Team Money!" according to the complaint. Java is a programming
language and computing platform released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. Groovy
is a another language for the Java platform.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ess-books.html

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

So what's the scam here? Doug Miller[_4_] Woodworking 39 March 14th 13 10:39 AM
MAKE THOUSANDS FAST!!! NOT A SCAM, I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A SCAM Rico Home Ownership 0 September 3rd 10 12:36 AM
New scam? Jack Home Repair 0 April 19th 10 11:48 PM
New scam? Jack Home Repair 0 April 19th 10 02:53 PM
What a Scam! Chris F. Electronics Repair 24 June 12th 05 06:03 AM