Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Liberals you should be ashamed of yourselves for wrecking Detroit

distro trimmed to rcm

On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 03:29:50 +0200, "Jeff"
wrote:

Who were the biggest drum beaters for NAFTA?

Democrats with their wealth redistribution agenda. It's nothing
new. The Democrats have been selling redistribution since
Roosevelt.

====================

NAFTA, GATT, WTO, financial deregulation, etc. has been
totally a by-partisan effort.

Senate floor manager for NAFTA was our senior RINO senator
Robert Dole. I was teaching at a local community college at
the time, having just made a career switch from
manufacturing, and could clearly see where this was leading.
I wrote letters to both of our RINO senators, and was
contacted by their offices (staffers, not the senators) who
attempted to sell me on the idea.

The net result of NAFTA was that in Iola, KS we lost our two
biggest employers, a dress company that moved to Mexico and
a HD truck component manufacturer [air brakes, glad hands,
control valves, trailer connectors and slack adjusters]
which went out of business two years later when they could
not compete with Mexican labor rates, which was compounded
by their continual failure to update their machines, tools,
fixtures, etc. Geo-Churchill, a major manufacturer in a
nearby town that did precision machining and manufactured
pump jacks also picked up and moved to Mexico. In short,
employment was gutted in our area and the tax base severely
compromised.

After the ratification of the NAFTA treaty, Senator Dole
R-KS made a second career fronting for the tobacco
companies, although elected to represent the people of
Kansas, hence his nickname "Mr. Butts."