Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS, Grass Valley, DiAcro shear, notcher, Thermolyne oven

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/4024857115.html

This is my listing. Can ship the oven, other two are pick up only.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 12:11:39 -0700, janders
wrote:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/4024857115.html

This is my listing. Can ship the oven, other two are pick up only.

Jon

Good looking machines! and very good pricing!!!

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer."
Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/25/2013 3:01 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Good looking machines! and very good pricing!!!

Thanks.
Asking prices on ebay are quite high on these, but actual closing prices
are much more in line with my pricing. So I'm not going to bargain too
much... Just the start of my downsizing.

Hate like hell to sell stuff off, but life moves on. I'll put some sort
of shop together when I get down under, but am looking to get into
motorsports photography. And maybe, just maybe, get a flat track bike
and do a little vintage racing while I (maybe?) still can.... lol

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:26:49 -0700, janders
wrote:

On 8/25/2013 3:01 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Good looking machines! and very good pricing!!!

Thanks.
Asking prices on ebay are quite high on these, but actual closing prices
are much more in line with my pricing. So I'm not going to bargain too
much... Just the start of my downsizing.

Hate like hell to sell stuff off, but life moves on. I'll put some sort
of shop together when I get down under, but am looking to get into
motorsports photography. And maybe, just maybe, get a flat track bike
and do a little vintage racing while I (maybe?) still can.... lol

Jon

When you get down there...Ill request parts and pieces for a Royal
Enfield Super Meteor.....

Gunner

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer."
Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 8/25/2013 3:01 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Good looking machines! and very good pricing!!!

Thanks.
Asking prices on ebay are quite high on these, but actual closing prices
are much more in line with my pricing. So I'm not going to bargain too
much... Just the start of my downsizing.

Hate like hell to sell stuff off, but life moves on. I'll put some sort
of shop together when I get down under, but am looking to get into
motorsports photography. And maybe, just maybe, get a flat track bike
and do a little vintage racing while I (maybe?) still can.... lol

Jon

When you get down there...Ill request parts and pieces for a Royal
Enfield Super Meteor.....

Not if you've ever seen the shipping costs from Oz, you won't, mon.
They want you to rent an entire hold on the ship for a 10lb box, I
think.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Same deal going the other way unfortunately.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/25/2013 6:02 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

When you get down there...Ill request parts and pieces for a Royal
Enfield Super Meteor.....

Better be sitting down when I tell you what shipping costs. Sold a
Ducati 250 head to an Aussie some years ago, shipping was something over
$80..

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ever seen the price of US (original old time) Royal Enfield parts?
You would think that they are made out of solid gold. Pay little for
parts in Oz and high shipping..or really high prices for parts in the
US and high shipping from 2 states over....tough call.

That being said..Ive bought parts from the UK, along with Witworth
wrenches, and they cost..including shipping...about 50% of what was
offered here in the States. Not all of them of course..but enough
that I have ebay.uk on my search engine.

The Indians make a couple versions of the Royal Enfield..but they are
single cylinder Bullets with dressing on them..and they charge
reasonable for the parts (which I cant use) but the shipping is again
a killer.

Gunner

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer."
Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 19:24:26 -0700, janders
wrote:

On 8/25/2013 6:02 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

When you get down there...Ill request parts and pieces for a Royal
Enfield Super Meteor.....

Better be sitting down when I tell you what shipping costs. Sold a
Ducati 250 head to an Aussie some years ago, shipping was something over
$80..

Jon

Shipping or mail? Most of my needed parts can be mailed in envelopes

Is it higher than shipping to/from the UK?

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer."
Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/25/2013 8:35 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Ever seen the price of US (original old time) Royal Enfield parts?
You would think that they are made out of solid gold. Pay little for
parts in Oz and high shipping..or really high prices for parts in the
US and high shipping from 2 states over....tough call.

When I get there, I'll let you know. You tell me what you're looking
for, I'll try to get the word out. (Cootamundra is not the center of
Australian vintage motorcycling...)I am going to be talking to the folks
at the National Motorcycle Museum in Nabiac, they have a collection of
well over 400 vintage bikes. If anyone knows where to get vintage parts,
I'll bet they can steer me in the right direction.

But, nothing is cheap down there. Only thing I get cheaper there than
here, is VMX magazine, as it's a native AU publication (covers vintage
motocross bikes) and Coopers Pale Ale.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/25/2013 8:36 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Shipping or mail? Most of my needed parts can be mailed in envelopes

Postage isn't cheap either, but if it'll fit into a padded envelope or
small box, shouldn't be too bad.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 25/08/13 20:11, janders wrote:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/4024857115.html

This is my listing. Can ship the oven, other two are pick up only.

Jon

Having sold some equipment late last year which was destined for Fiji
and made in the UK I have some appreciation of the shipping costs to the
other side of the world. The shipping was done by the purchaser but they
said that shipping of IIRC 1/2 tonne of equipment from London UK to
Melbourne Australia only cost a few hundred pounds but they are major
shipping hubs. The cost of shipping from Melbourne to Fiji was much more
and a considerably shorter distance. I have since spoken to a person
based in Tasmania and they mentioned the same, that the shipping half
way round the world is not the problem, the cost of shipping to a local
destination is the killer cost wise from the transport hub.