Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default peening to tighten thread

I am finishing up a bench for a Southbend 9B.
The top is strapped at the ends with bar stock
and bolted through with 1/2" - 13 stock.

The last 36" length of rod has a thread on which
the nut runs "loose." There's too much play and I'm
not in a position to take it back.

Can I improve the grip of the nut by slightly peening
the thread on the 12" - 13 stock - at select places gr?

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
- Carl H.

Rivet peening chudford UK diy 10 June 15th 11 06:56 PM
How do I tighten this...? Peter B UK diy 8 November 19th 10 07:30 PM
Will this fit tighten Don Dando Woodworking 1 February 16th 07 09:45 PM
Dust collector fires when shot peening [email protected] Metalworking 5 July 12th 05 04:43 PM
What tool for peening over small rivets? Dave in MD Metalworking 10 January 4th 05 06:48 AM