Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Milwaukee Hole Hawg handle replacement

Have an old one from the early 70s that still runs. On line replacement part
lookup at Milwaukee shows the handle as obsolete. As is the next newer
variation in the late 70s... Current model is of course available and less than
six bucks.

Took the least broken half of my handle into a local Home Depot today and it
appears as if the bolt pattern has remained identical all these years. Trigger
switch has changed a bit so I'm going to price a new switch verses modifying
new handle to fit old switch. Mine has a trigger lock and losing that 'feature'
is no big deal. Cord comes out in a different place now but I'm sure that can
be dealt with.

Any one else been down this road and have any tips? Alternate sources other
than official parts?
--
William