Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Logan QC gearbox parts

For the Logan owners out there who have trashed one of those 16/32
reduction gears in the left side of the box , I now have the means to supply
repair parts . If yours did like mine thank the deity's the PO had spares!
you now have a good 32 tooth gear paired with a trashed 16 . These are a
pressed/pinned pair , and that 16t gear can be replaced ! I'll be making
these out of Ampco45 aluminum bronze , 90% machined . You'll have to make a
..4375" mandrel to final machine it to press into your 32t gear , then
drill/pin it so it can't shift . These will be available in about 2 weeks ,
depending on response . Price will be $45.00 US plus shipping Logan
Actuator sells the complete unit for about $160 ....
Please contact me directly at if you're interested .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
news
For the Logan owners out there who have trashed one of those 16/32
reduction gears in the left side of the box , I now have the means to
supply repair parts . If yours did like mine thank the deity's the PO had
spares! you now have a good 32 tooth gear paired with a trashed 16 .
These are a pressed/pinned pair , and that 16t gear can be replaced ! I'll
be making these out of Ampco45 aluminum bronze , 90% machined . You'll
have to make a .4375" mandrel to final machine it to press into your 32t
gear , then drill/pin it so it can't shift . These will be available in
about 2 weeks , depending on response . Price will be $45.00 US plus
shipping Logan Actuator sells the complete unit for about $160 ....
Please contact me directly at if you're interested .

--
Snag

Or if you'd rather , I can refurb it here for a c-note .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:14:49 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

For the Logan owners out there who have trashed one of those 16/32
reduction gears in the left side of the box , I now have the means to supply
repair parts . If yours did like mine thank the deity's the PO had spares!
you now have a good 32 tooth gear paired with a trashed 16 . These are a
pressed/pinned pair , and that 16t gear can be replaced ! I'll be making
these out of Ampco45 aluminum bronze , 90% machined . You'll have to make a
.4375" mandrel to final machine it to press into your 32t gear , then
drill/pin it so it can't shift . These will be available in about 2 weeks ,
depending on response . Price will be $45.00 US plus shipping Logan
Actuator sells the complete unit for about $160 ....
Please contact me directly at if you're interested .

Bravo Sir...Bravo!! Pass this along to all the machinist/hobbiest
groups as well!

Ill let my people know too!

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

,
depending on response . Price will be $45.00 US plus shipping Logan
Actuator sells the complete unit for about $160 ....
Please contact me directly at if you're interested .

Bravo Sir...Bravo!! Pass this along to all the machinist/hobbiest
groups as well!

Ill let my people know too!

Gunner

Thanks !!

--
Snag

take apart small gearbox Karl Townsend Metalworking 11 September 14th 15 09:30 AM
Bandsaw gearbox lube Jon Danniken[_7_] Metalworking 6 January 31st 13 01:00 AM
Logan Lathe parts ? Snag Metalworking 10 October 19th 07 07:46 PM
Gearbox oil recommendations? Prometheus Metalworking 7 October 2nd 07 03:55 PM
Gearbox ventilation... Leo Reed Metalworking 2 October 25th 03 12:08 AM