Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Picture of the Gorton 2-28 milling machine

Gorton 2-28 we put in our shop. Still to be wired.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...502_121551.jpg
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6158 fired this volley in
:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...I/AAAAAAAACV4/
ky_oxWbOsfQ/w407-h543/20130502_121551.jpg

Ah! Now all you need to do is a CNC conversion of it!

If you need any full-custom circuitry made with low-temperature-soldering
TSOP ICs, Wild Bill can help you. He's got it all figured out.

(Nice, stiff machine, that. If I had room, I could use another manual
machine. This summer we build two new bays on the shop; then we'll see.)

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Ignoramus6158 fired this volley in
:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...I/AAAAAAAACV4/
ky_oxWbOsfQ/w407-h543/20130502_121551.jpg

Ah! Now all you need to do is a CNC conversion of it!

He has the Bridgeport series 2 CNC, no need to convert the manual mill.
Manual still rules for quick tasks vs. CNC.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:5182b472$0$3851
:

He has the Bridgeport series 2 CNC, no need to convert the manual mill.
Manual still rules for quick tasks vs. CNC.

Yes, Pete... I was kidding!

But the Series-II he has doesn't have nearly the envelope of that mill.
He might do well to convert it, and re-jigger the BP for manual work!
Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6158 wrote:

Gorton 2-28 we put in our shop. Still to be wired.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...502_121551.jpg
Yow, that sure looks impressive!

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 02 May 2013 13:20:25 -0500, Ignoramus6158
wrote:

Gorton 2-28 we put in our shop. Still to be wired.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...502_121551.jpg

You will enjoy it. They are sweet machines!

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it
very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having
left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as
best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame
us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an
honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gorton 2-28 we put in our shop. Still to be wired.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...502_121551.jpg

That looks just as rigid as my Supermax. You'll LOVE it.

Now, I'd suggest you upgrade your cutting tools. I make extensive use
of Sandvick R390 inserts with endmills from 1/2" to four inch. These
inserts run great without coolant and make the most of a rigid
machine. I've learned to make cuts so most of the chips fly back into
the machine whenever possible, but a chip deflector of some type is
needed because the sandvick design puts all the heat in the chip. They
come off almost red hot.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-05-02, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus6158 fired this volley in
:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...I/AAAAAAAACV4/
ky_oxWbOsfQ/w407-h543/20130502_121551.jpg

Ah! Now all you need to do is a CNC conversion of it!

If you need any full-custom circuitry made with low-temperature-soldering
TSOP ICs, Wild Bill can help you. He's got it all figured out.

(Nice, stiff machine, that. If I had room, I could use another manual
machine. This summer we build two new bays on the shop; then we'll see.)

Thanks. This one, I will keep. It uses NMTB 40 toolholders, which I
had a lot in my store, so I am well stocked up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-05-02, Pete C. wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Ignoramus6158 fired this volley in
:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...I/AAAAAAAACV4/
ky_oxWbOsfQ/w407-h543/20130502_121551.jpg

Ah! Now all you need to do is a CNC conversion of it!

He has the Bridgeport series 2 CNC, no need to convert the manual mill.
Manual still rules for quick tasks vs. CNC.

Yes, stuff like "insert a steel bar and take off 0.2 inches from one side"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-05-02, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"Pete C." fired this volley in news:5182b472$0$3851
:

He has the Bridgeport series 2 CNC, no need to convert the manual mill.
Manual still rules for quick tasks vs. CNC.

Yes, Pete... I was kidding!

But the Series-II he has doesn't have nearly the envelope of that mill.
He might do well to convert it, and re-jigger the BP for manual work!
Lloyd

It has about same envelope.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 2, 11:34*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus6158 fired this volley om:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...I/AAAAAAAACV4/
ky_oxWbOsfQ/w407-h543/20130502_121551.jpg

Ah! *Now all you need to do is a CNC conversion of it!

If you need any full-custom circuitry made with low-temperature-soldering
TSOP ICs, Wild Bill can help you. *He's got it all figured out.

(Nice, stiff machine, that. *If I had room, I could use another manual
machine. *This summer we build two new bays on the shop; then we'll see..)

LLoyd

Not sure what Wild Bill has got "all figured out". For sure the idiot
couldn't machine his way out of a paper bag.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 02 May 2013 19:23:07 -0500, Ignoramus6158

On 2013-05-02, Pete C. wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Ignoramus6158 fired this volley in
:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...I/AAAAAAAACV4/
ky_oxWbOsfQ/w407-h543/20130502_121551.jpg

Ah! Now all you need to do is a CNC conversion of it!

He has the Bridgeport series 2 CNC, no need to convert the manual mill.
Manual still rules for quick tasks vs. CNC.

Yes, stuff like "insert a steel bar and take off 0.2 inches from one side"

With that mill...you can take off .50-.75 in one pass

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it
very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having
left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as
best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame
us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an
honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Gorton 2-28 milling machine Ignoramus9908 Metalworking 114 April 20th 13 07:24 PM
I-5 and a milling machine. Bill McKee Metalworking 17 November 28th 09 05:09 AM
milling machine gilles Woodworking 11 January 24th 07 12:23 PM
cnc milling machine gilles Woodworking 8 December 20th 06 04:36 AM
Gorton P1-2 Pantograph Machine (needs collets) [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 12th 05 08:43 PM