Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Today's Metalworking Content

Next to zero.

I can't do it all.

Step it up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Will we see very little metal working content this weekend as well?

I can't do it all.

Step it up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 18, 6:29*pm, jon_banquer wrote:
Next to zero.

I can't do it all.

Step it up.

Why doesn't this group have a moderator to keep all the posts that
don't belong out. I almost never even look here anymore because its a
waste of my time. I don't need to come here to read or hear what any
of the paranoid nuts have to say. I've worked with at least one at
every job i've had for the last 20 years
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Butter wrote:

Why doesn't this group have a moderator to keep all the posts that
don't belong out.

It isn't a moderated newsgroup. It can't be changed into a moderated
newsgroup. That is done at the time the group was created. Create a
moderated metalworking newsgroup & see how active it is, if it is even
propagated on enough NNTP servers to have an audience. Start a private
forum, then kick off everyone you don't like, until it isn't worth
paying the hosting fees.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 19, 8:34*am, Butter wrote:
On Jan 18, 6:29*pm, jon_banquer wrote:

Next to zero.

I can't do it all.

Step it up.

*Why doesn't this group have a moderator to keep all the posts that
don't belong out. I almost never even look here anymore because its a
waste of my time. I don't need to come here to read or hear what any
of the paranoid nuts have to say. I've worked with at least one at
every job i've had for the last 20 years

It's the way this Usenet newsgroup has been structured. The answer to
the problem is more people posting metalworking content rather than
complaining about something that can't be controlled.

Know of some good blogs or websites with metalworking content... post
links to them!

Know of some good metalworking videos... post the links!

Have something metalworking related to share or ask... post it!

It's time to take back control of this newsgroup and return it to what
it was charterer for.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Next to zero.

I can't do it all.

Step it up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hopefully, Google can do something -- it's a great group and I'm a hypocrite because I got caught up in responding to some of the crap myself.

NO MORE.

Politics and Religion are a waste of time.

Metalworking, industrial arts (or any interest) are not.

I will say one thing -- (and I don't mean to stir it up) -- both sides are guilty but there is a real prevalence for one side's point of view -- I think we know which side does MOST of the original posts.

I may be wrong, but I think it's obvious.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 20, 7:54*am, mkr5000 wrote:
Hopefully, Google can do something -- it's a great group and I'm a hypocrite because I got caught up in responding to some of the crap myself.

NO MORE.

Politics and Religion are a waste of time.

Metalworking, industrial arts (or any interest) are not.

I will say one thing -- (and I don't mean to stir it up) -- both sides are guilty but there is a real prevalence for one side's point of view -- I think we know which side does MOST of the original posts.

I may be wrong, but I think it's obvious.

There is not enough effort being made to post metalworking content.
The newsgroup has lost its focus and balance is gone.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Butter wrote:

Why doesn't this group have a moderator to keep all the posts that
don't belong out.

It isn't a moderated newsgroup. It can't be changed into a moderated
newsgroup. That is done at the time the group was created. Create a
moderated metalworking newsgroup & see how active it is, if it is even
propagated on enough NNTP servers to have an audience. Start a private
forum, then kick off everyone you don't like, until it isn't worth
paying the hosting fees.

it all started with the wacko leftists like tmt cross-posting. Now RCM
is just in the litany of NG's to spam by said leftists and they keep
attracting more of the scum. It's just a matter of filter maintenance.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 20, 3:18*pm, jon_banquer wrote:
Next to zero.

I can't do it all.

Step it up.

Can we do better tomorrow or will it be the same as today?