Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pistol Recommendations?

I stopped by a gun dealer yesterday on the way home, I'm looking for
something for home defense before the Nazi's ban everything but caulk guns.

I'm trying to decide between two types of guns, one would be a compact
concealed carry gun if that ever becomes legal in Illinois. The other I'm
considering is probably a 45ACP, maybe a 1911 or 1911 Compact. The dealer
had several 1911's, they had a Springfield 1911 in my price range and a "Mil
Spec" that might have been a little cheaper IIRC.

So, would I be best off to get a full size 1911 and then buy a concealed
carry gun later if the state allows concealed carry? Or would a 1911
compact possibly serve both purposes, shoot as good as a full size 1911 but
be more "concealed carry" friendly? Is the Springfield 1911 a good one or
is there a better option for the money?

I guess the reality of it is, the bigger the gun the less often I would
carry it, I may be better off with a full size 1911 and get a concealed
carry gun later if/when Illinois permits it.

Thanks!

RogerN