Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any snow machine men out there?

We are going to include our cabin in our rental portfolio this summer. But,
I have decided that I would like to also rent it out during the winters.
The cabin is only accessible in winter by snowmobile, or snowshoeing. I
would need a snowmobile to service the cabin during the winter between
rentals, the distance being 2.5 miles. The path would be just to follow the
road, towing a small sled of food, firewood, water, and supplies.

I am not familiar with snowmobiles. What could I get as just a good used
machine? Something that would be serviceable at a reasonable cost?
Something that wouldn't cost a ton to buy, own, and maintain? Just for five
mile runs now and then, not all day trips and hard pounding.

Name brands that are sound? Those to stay away from? What to look for on
inspection?

Thanks

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 31, 10:38*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

I machined precision engine parts for Polaris when I lived in
Connecticut. If I remember right they came from Mahle. Based on your
recent post in Gummy's **** hole shop thread I seriously doubt you
would understand or appreciate the quality of either Mahle or Polaris.
Perhaps you can find a snowmobile made in China that will fit your
mentality.