Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finding Local Hobbyist/Machinists

I'm in the NYC area and wanted to ask if there is a go-to site for
getting in touch with local hobbyists who may be able to do small
projects. (As opposed to going around looking for forums to make
requests on).

My lathe is out of commission at the moment and I thought that until I
get it running again I'd entertain the idea of having a couple of
simple projects done by someone else if it is plausible.

The first project entails cutting off and then turning a groove into a
1/4" shaft(joystick) for an E-clip.

The second involves making a pulley shaft for an electric motor I won
on Ebay.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:17:14 -0800, Searcher7 wrote:

I'm in the NYC area and wanted to ask if there is a go-to site for
getting in touch with local hobbyists who may be able to do small
projects. (As opposed to going around looking for forums to make
requests on).

My lathe is out of commission at the moment and I thought that until I
get it running again I'd entertain the idea of having a couple of simple
projects done by someone else if it is plausible.

The first project entails cutting off and then turning a groove into a
1/4" shaft(joystick) for an E-clip.

The second involves making a pulley shaft for an electric motor I won on
Ebay.

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Robotics club?

See if there's a maker-space or similar, and put a notice on their
bulletin board?

See if there's a maker-space or similar with a lathe, join, and go turn
the parts yourself?

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com