Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Good Gun Story, Burglar calls 911, Homeowner has a gun.

http://tpnn.com/the-best-gun-story-y...-a-long-while/

Police? "Yes, this guy has a gun on me," said..the burglar!

A Texas burglary suspect called 911 early Tuesday morning to report that a
homeowner was holding him at gunpoint and threatening to shoot him, KDFW
reports.

Homeowner James Gerow said he awoke at around 12:30 a.m. and found a man
wearing dark clothes and a hoodie inside his Springtown home. He then
retrieved his legally owned gun and followed the man out to a truck that was
parked in his driveway.

Wielding his firearm, Gerow ordered the suspected burglar to give him the
keys to the vehicle and told his wife to call 911 while he held the suspect
at gunpoint.

"Yeah, hurry up now. He says my husband's fixing to shoot him," she
reportedly told the dispatcher.

..Moore was later arrested for burglary of habitation, a second-degree
felony.

.."I gave him a chance.Had he said he had bad intentions before that, he
wouldn't have got his second chance. That's a different ballgame. You
threaten me and my family, that's a different ballgame," Gerow added.

If Gerow wouldn't have had his gun, there could have been a struggle, he
could have been disabled or killed and then his family would have been at
the burglar's mercy. Bob Costas would probably argue that should have been
exactly what happened. But, when the bad guy with "bad intentions" ends up
so terrified for HIS LIFE that he has to call the police, that sounds like a
great ending to what could have potentially been a tragic situation.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In NY, they likely would have arrested the HO
who was pursuing the burglar (as the burglar
was retreating).

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org