Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Blade-welding blues....

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

snip

Jon

Jon,

Not to change the subject but does this amplifier specification appear to be
fully compatable with your pwm controller ?

http://www.a-m-c.com/download/datasheet/bd30a8.pdf

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--

It looks like it probably would work. One area of concern is the
100 Ohm current limit resistors. That might require about 34 mA

On the other hand, we make our own servo amps for brush and brushless
motors, and they are pretty inexpensive, and rated for higher voltage than
these AMC amps.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

snip

Jon

Jon,

Not to change the subject but does this amplifier specification appear to
be fully compatable with your pwm controller ?

http://www.a-m-c.com/download/datasheet/bd30a8.pdf

--

It looks like it probably would work. One area of concern is the
100 Ohm current limit resistors. That might require about 34 mA
of drive, which seems excessive. Also, the + of the opto input is
tied to +5 V. The PWM controller drives the output high for ON,
not low. I guess you could put an inverter between the PWM controller
and the servo amp.

On the other hand, we make our own servo amps for brush and brushless
motors, and they are pretty inexpensive, and rated for higher voltage than
these AMC amps.

Thanks.

Blade-welding blues.... Existential Angst[_2_] Woodworking 9 December 7th 12 01:12 PM
Blade Welding Blues Pilgrim Metalworking 0 December 6th 12 04:24 PM
Blues mabhanisi blues Home Repair 11 March 23rd 12 03:47 PM
Blues mabhanisi blues Home Ownership 0 March 22nd 12 06:59 PM