Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Futility Report

It is now July 31, 2018. You are sitting by a stream, thinking back to Nov.
23, 2012 -- the day the U.S. stopped emitting carbon dioxide altogether,
permanently. It's been a very rough six and a half years without carbon, and
it's about to get a lot rougher. Because today is the day you realize that
it's all been for naught -- the day that someone explains to you that all of
the emissions America was making in 2012 have been completely replenished by
new emissions from rest of the world's growing nations.

What do you do? Do you gloat because you got even with all those evil
corporate polluters who were destroyed when the carbon days ended? Or do you
scream and shout, realizing that we have sacrificed our nation for nothing?
Or do you take comfort in the mitigation we achieved through
self-immolation? Are you proud that, by 2050, our act of total national
self-destruction prevented the global temperature from going up by an
additional 0.083 degrees Celsius, and sea levels from rising by 0.6
centimeters? It only cost the world its biggest economy and a people their
entire livelihood.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/the-fu...rticle/2514083

Best Regards

Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

I'm sorry to report... Ian Field Electronic Schematics 0 February 21st 12 08:13 PM
DTV decoder report Jim Yanik Home Repair 1 April 11th 09 09:05 PM
rip off report HeatMan Home Repair 13 March 22nd 06 12:10 AM
The new toy report Mary Fisher UK diy 20 May 24th 05 10:13 PM