Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Book collections was Fear and ignorance triumph again. The illegal immigrant

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 11 Nov 2012
12:05:40 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

So the kids of engineers need to see and learn from things other than
kid books, and parents can't afford to buy expensive books like I
was able as an engineer.

I was shocked to see the price on the Skolnik 'RADAR Handbook' I own.

i don't have an accurate count of the books, since there are boxes
stacked almost to the ceiling with books that I haven't inventoried. A
barcode scanner makes that easier, on newer books.

I had in excess of 6,000 before I left California - it was to the
point where if I got any more books, I'd need to build an extra room
on the house. When I moved home to Arizona, I gave away about 3,000
of them - now I'm back up to the original number, I think. Close to
it.

My library shelves are full, and there are books & boxes of books
scattered though six buildings. There are some in my truck, too.

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.
I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.

I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.

You have to learn how to stack them on the ceiling. ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:56:48 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.

I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.

You have to learn how to stack them on the ceiling. ;-)

Where can I find plans for those, Mikey? I've just been building
floor-to-ceiling bookcases for every inch of wallspace, and still I
have 6 boxes of books to go. I've already read 'em and they're not
the reference type. Y'know, not John Ringo, Richard Marcinko, John
Ross, or Thomas Sowell.

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.

I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.

You have to learn how to stack them on the ceiling. ;-)

Where can I find plans for those, Mikey? I've just been building
floor-to-ceiling bookcases for every inch of wallspace, and still I
have 6 boxes of books to go. I've already read 'em and they're not
the reference type. Y'know, not John Ringo, Richard Marcinko, John
Ross, or Thomas Sowell.

Is your security clearance high enough to get into area 52?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.

I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.

You have to learn how to stack them on the ceiling. ;-)

Where can I find plans for those, Mikey? I've just been building
floor-to-ceiling bookcases for every inch of wallspace, and still I
have 6 boxes of books to go. I've already read 'em and they're not
the reference type. Y'know, not John Ringo, Richard Marcinko, John
Ross, or Thomas Sowell.

Is your security clearance high enough to get into area 52?

Tonopah or Salt Lake? I guess it doesn't matter. The answer's no.

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our
creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.
-- Gilda Radner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.

I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.

You have to learn how to stack them on the ceiling. ;-)

Where can I find plans for those, Mikey? I've just been building
floor-to-ceiling bookcases for every inch of wallspace, and still I
have 6 boxes of books to go. I've already read 'em and they're not
the reference type. Y'know, not John Ringo, Richard Marcinko, John
Ross, or Thomas Sowell.

Is your security clearance high enough to get into area 52?

Tonopah or Salt Lake? I guess it doesn't matter. The answer's no.

Then they won't let you own antigrav technology.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.

I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.

You have to learn how to stack them on the ceiling. ;-)

Where can I find plans for those, Mikey? I've just been building
floor-to-ceiling bookcases for every inch of wallspace, and still I
have 6 boxes of books to go. I've already read 'em and they're not
the reference type. Y'know, not John Ringo, Richard Marcinko, John
Ross, or Thomas Sowell.

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our
creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.
-- Gilda Radner

I've kept all these books and I've only re-read a handful.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 12 Nov 2012
19:56:48 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.

I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.

You have to learn how to stack them on the ceiling. ;-)

I had a friend over last summer, helping me get "organized". I
needed the help. But she could not grasp that I will have books on
top of the book in the bookcase, "because they go in that section" -
even if there is not room on the shelf for them.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I'm at the point where the policy is that if a new book is to come
in, an old book must go to make space.

I'm not doing to well at sticking with it.

You have to learn how to stack them on the ceiling. ;-)

I had a friend over last summer, helping me get "organized". I
needed the help. But she could not grasp that I will have books on
top of the book in the bookcase, "because they go in that section" -
even if there is not room on the shelf for them.

I lucked into a bunch of old wood pharmacy shelving a while back.
They are great for my databooks & reference books.