Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Final Voyage

The USS Enterprise, the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier,
pulled into its home port for the final time Sunday, before heading for
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard to be scrapped.

Things frequently break down, and spare parts for a ship that's the only one
in its class aren't made anymore.

"She's just old, so you got to work around her," said Petty Officer 2nd
Class Danielle Almaraz, an electronic technician. "We have to make our own
parts sometimes because it just doesn't exist."

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationw...rmid=head_main

Best Rgards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/6/2012 1:44 AM, azotic wrote:
The USS Enterprise, the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier,
pulled into its home port for the final time Sunday, before heading for
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard to be scrapped.

Things frequently break down, and spare parts for a ship that's the only
one in its class aren't made anymore.

"She's just old, so you got to work around her," said Petty Officer 2nd
Class Danielle Almaraz, an electronic technician. "We have to make our
own parts sometimes because it just doesn't exist."

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationw...rmid=head_main

Best Rgards
Tom.

Any plans to replace her with another "Enterprise"? I hope we don't
wait until we are building Starships to reuse the name.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 11/6/2012 1:44 AM, azotic wrote:
The USS Enterprise, the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier,
pulled into its home port for the final time Sunday, before heading for
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard to be scrapped.

Things frequently break down, and spare parts for a ship that's the only
one in its class aren't made anymore.

"She's just old, so you got to work around her," said Petty Officer 2nd
Class Danielle Almaraz, an electronic technician. "We have to make our
own parts sometimes because it just doesn't exist."

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationw...rmid=head_main

Best Rgards
Tom.

Any plans to replace her with another "Enterprise"? I hope we don't
wait until we are building Starships to reuse the name.

There are attempts to get another one named but with the current climate
I wouldn't hold my breath.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"azotic" wrote in message ...
The USS Enterprise, the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier,
pulled into its home port for the final time Sunday, before heading for
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard to be scrapped.

Things frequently break down, and spare parts for a ship that's the only one
in its class aren't made anymore.

"She's just old, so you got to work around her," said Petty Officer 2nd
Class Danielle Almaraz, an electronic technician. "We have to make our own
parts sometimes because it just doesn't exist."

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationw...rmid=head_main

There will probably be some nice stuff from it on the govbid site pretty soon.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/6/2012 10:58 AM, Steve W. wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Is there a replacement carrier in the wings?

Or is that another don't hold you breath thing?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

2015 for the Gerald R. Ford, and then the John F. Kennedy nuclear
supercarriers with the new electromagnetic catapults by General
Atomics.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Richard" wrote in message

There are attempts to get another one named but with the current
climate
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Is there a replacement carrier in the wings?

Or is that another don't hold you breath thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._States_Nav y

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
what says...

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Maybe after the Chinese land on the moon the gummint will finally take
the leash off of GA. An Orion would be a very worthy "Enterprise".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

...after the Chinese land on the moon...

...they'll want to land again, in an hour later... ;-)

Final result [email protected] Metalworking 19 November 21st 11 06:07 PM
The Chronicles of NARNIA: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 2010 -- GOTHACKED Before the Release of the Date baptist Metalworking 0 November 25th 10 09:32 AM
Bon voyage, Luigi! Swingman Woodworking 31 November 15th 09 03:36 PM
Final cut Woodborg Woodturning 4 October 7th 06 03:49 AM
TS Final Desicion Woodchuck34 Woodworking 7 March 27th 05 03:59 PM