Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mauser C96 value

http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...nauf99/891.01/

I am considering bidding on this one for myself. But, I am slightly
concerned that it looks a little bit "too good". Can anyone say where
is that gun from etc? Whats the faiur value?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 19:19:42 -0500, Ignoramus25258
wrote:

http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...nauf99/891.01/

I am considering bidding on this one for myself. But, I am slightly
concerned that it looks a little bit "too good". Can anyone say where
is that gun from etc? Whats the faiur value?

Look at http://www.gunbroker.com for current market values of various
firearms.

--
Cheers,
John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...nauf99/891.01/

I am considering bidding on this one for myself. But, I am slightly
concerned that it looks a little bit "too good". Can anyone say where
is that gun from etc? Whats the faiur value?

Look at http://www.gunbroker.com for current market values of various
firearms.

There is a wild variation of prices for those.

This one, seems to have been exported to China at some point, and then
"restored".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...nauf99/891.01/

I am considering bidding on this one for myself. But, I am slightly
concerned that it looks a little bit "too good". Can anyone say where
is that gun from etc? Whats the faiur value?

Look at http://www.gunbroker.com for current market values of various
firearms.

There is a wild variation of prices for those.

This one, seems to have been exported to China at some point, and then
"restored".

Yes, apparently they were popular in China and "restoration" destroys
much of the collector's value.
--
Cheers,
John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/7/2012 7:19 PM, Ignoramus25258 wrote:
http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...nauf99/891.01/

I am considering bidding on this one for myself. But, I am slightly
concerned that it looks a little bit "too good". Can anyone say where
is that gun from etc? Whats the faiur value?

A typical rebuild, although not one of the better ones, of the horde of
Broomhandles that came from China in the late '80's. There was for a
time a cottage industry of shops rebarreling and rebluing these gems.
They often make fine shooters in either 7.65x25 or 9x19, but no real
collector value. This one looks like it was bead blasted w/o much
polishing before bluing, so one of the lower end pieces.

Still, probably at least $500 or $600 these days, when everything seems
to go for a bit more than expected.

David