Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Mauser C96 value

On 10/7/2012 7:19 PM, Ignoramus25258 wrote:
http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...nauf99/891.01/

I am considering bidding on this one for myself. But, I am slightly
concerned that it looks a little bit "too good". Can anyone say where
is that gun from etc? Whats the faiur value?

A typical rebuild, although not one of the better ones, of the horde of
Broomhandles that came from China in the late '80's. There was for a
time a cottage industry of shops rebarreling and rebluing these gems.
They often make fine shooters in either 7.65x25 or 9x19, but no real
collector value. This one looks like it was bead blasted w/o much
polishing before bluing, so one of the lower end pieces.

Still, probably at least $500 or $600 these days, when everything seems
to go for a bit more than expected.

David