Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where to buy a few R4A ball bearings online?

I'm thinking no more than three dollars each for R4A ball bearings,
1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter. Looks like
prices range somewhere from about $1.50 to $10+ (US).

Why so much difference in price?

Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe fired this volley in news:k383vh$mbt$2
@dont-email.me:

I'm thinking no more than three dollars each for R4A ball bearings,
1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter. Looks like
prices range somewhere from about $1.50 to $10+ (US).

Why so much difference in price?

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit7939

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:16:33 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

I'm thinking no more than three dollars each for R4A ball bearings,
1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter. Looks like
prices range somewhere from about $1.50 to $10+ (US).

Why so much difference in price?

Several different quality levels are available, but you're probably
looking more at sourcing (US-made v. imports), wholesale/retail
levels, and gouge factor. Some people just have to triple the price
to get the percentage they want. (probably just another Right Wing
Conspiracy, wot?)

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 17, 3:16*pm, John Doe wrote:
I'm thinking no more than three dollars each for R4A ball bearings,
1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter. Looks like
prices range somewhere from about $1.50 to $10+ (US).

Why so much difference in price?

Thanks.

If you buy 100K lots, you probably get the low price, onesies cost
more. Don't get me started on imports vs. domestic.

Stan

Ball bearings... Ret.[_5_] UK diy 13 June 30th 11 08:51 PM
Somebody mike those little ball bearings..... Frank Boettcher Woodworking 0 July 20th 06 03:45 PM
Ball Bearings Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 24 January 11th 06 04:05 PM
How to remove ball bearings? SBO Woodworking 17 December 19th 05 11:28 AM
Rolling Pin Ball Bearings..... James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 16 October 20th 05 04:40 PM