Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ball bearings...

I have rather a nice screwdriver bit kit with a 'handle' that holds the bits
in place via a ball-bearing under a spring clip. (Magnetic holders are much
better!)

Working on my son's tumble drier recently, and trying to get at an awkwardly
placed screw, the spring clip was pushed back, the ball bearing fell out -
and cannot be found anywhere. (It's probably inside the machine somewhere!!)

As a result, the screwdriver bits will no longer remain in the handle - they
just drop out when the handle is turned down.

I've searched through my various oddment boxes in my workshed and cannot
find even one single ball bearing - let alone one of the right size to fit
the bit holder.

Anyone got any ideas?

--
Kev