DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to buy a few R4A ball bearings online? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/346568-where-buy-few-r4a-ball-bearings-online.html)

John Doe September 17th 12 10:16 PM

Where to buy a few R4A ball bearings online?

I'm thinking no more than three dollars each for R4A ball bearings,
1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter. Looks like
prices range somewhere from about $1.50 to $10+ (US).

Why so much difference in price?

Thanks.

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] September 17th 12 10:50 PM

Where to buy a few R4A ball bearings online?

John Doe fired this volley in news:k383vh$mbt$2
@dont-email.me:

I'm thinking no more than three dollars each for R4A ball bearings,
1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter. Looks like
prices range somewhere from about $1.50 to $10+ (US).

Why so much difference in price?

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit7939

LLoyd

Larry Jaques[_4_] September 18th 12 12:07 AM

Where to buy a few R4A ball bearings online?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:16:33 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

I'm thinking no more than three dollars each for R4A ball bearings,
1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter. Looks like
prices range somewhere from about $1.50 to $10+ (US).

Why so much difference in price?

Several different quality levels are available, but you're probably
looking more at sourcing (US-made v. imports), wholesale/retail
levels, and gouge factor. Some people just have to triple the price
to get the percentage they want. (probably just another Right Wing
Conspiracy, wot?)

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often

Stanley Schaefer September 19th 12 04:38 PM

On Sep 17, 3:16*pm, John Doe wrote:
I'm thinking no more than three dollars each for R4A ball bearings,
1/4 inch inner diameter and 3/4 inch outer diameter. Looks like
prices range somewhere from about $1.50 to $10+ (US).

Why so much difference in price?

Thanks.

If you buy 100K lots, you probably get the low price, onesies cost
more. Don't get me started on imports vs. domestic.

Stan