Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The US debt Delima

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.
It has nothing to do with desire or will power.
It has everything to do with simple arithmetic.
You have to bring in more that goes out.
And we don't.

This one is going out to everybody I know...
And some who may not have heard from me in a while.
(including several Congressmen's offices)

It's that important.

Hang on.

Richard

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

This e-mail is a short video discussing the US Budget Dilemma.
I believe every voter should watch this so as to be informed on the
Central Issue facing our country.
It is neither pro Democrat nor pro Republican, it is simply a statement
of facts.

It can't be explained any better or simpler than this .
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Richard wrote:

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.

Actually, it sounds like you don't have a clue.

“All the perplexities, confusions, and distresses
in America arise, not from defects in their constitution
or confederation, not from a want of honor or virtue,
so much as from downright ignorance of the nature of
coin, credit, and circulation.”
—John Adams, 1787
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/28/2012 3:38 AM, jim wrote:

Richard wrote:

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.

Actually, it sounds like you don't have a clue.

“All the perplexities, confusions, and distresses
in America arise, not from defects in their constitution
or confederation, not from a want of honor or virtue,
so much as from downright ignorance of the nature of
coin, credit, and circulation.”
—John Adams, 1787

He was talking about you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/28/2012 5:38 AM, jim wrote:

Richard wrote:

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.

Actually, it sounds like you don't have a clue.

You are right.
I didn't have the first clue that this was where we were.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/28/2012 8:33 AM, Richard wrote:
On 8/28/2012 5:38 AM, jim wrote:

Richard wrote:

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.

Actually, it sounds like you don't have a clue.

You are right.
I didn't have the first clue that this was where we were.

chortle Good one! But I doubt it will shut him up, even though it
should.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Jim is offline

Richard wrote:

On 8/28/2012 5:38 AM, jim wrote:

Richard wrote:

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.

Actually, it sounds like you don't have a clue.

You are right.
I didn't have the first clue that this was where we were.

That is pretty sad. It took decades of doing the same thing
to get here.

The US debt situation is far better than it was 4 years ago.
Had things continued the way they were going the total US debt
would be close to $80 trillion by now (close to 500% of GDP).
Instead the total US debt is only $53 trillion. That
will
still take decades to climb out of that hole but at
least the US has stopped digging.

http://tinyurl.com/3p24jpy
http://comstockfunds.com/files/NLPP00000/530.pdf
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/28/2012 12:02 PM, jim wrote:

Richard wrote:

On 8/28/2012 5:38 AM, jim wrote:

Richard wrote:

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.

Actually, it sounds like you don't have a clue.

You are right.
I didn't have the first clue that this was where we were.

That is pretty sad. It took decades of doing the same thing
to get here.

The US debt situation is far better than it was 4 years ago.
Had things continued the way they were going the total US debt
would be close to $80 trillion by now (close to 500% of GDP).
Instead the total US debt is only $53 trillion. That
will
still take decades to climb out of that hole but at
least the US has stopped digging.

You didn't look, did you.

Well, I guess that's to be expected...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Jim is offline

Richard wrote:

On 8/28/2012 12:02 PM, jim wrote:

Richard wrote:

On 8/28/2012 5:38 AM, jim wrote:

Richard wrote:

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.

Actually, it sounds like you don't have a clue.

You are right.
I didn't have the first clue that this was where we were.

That is pretty sad. It took decades of doing the same thing
to get here.

The US debt situation is far better than it was 4 years ago.
Had things continued the way they were going the total US debt
would be close to $80 trillion by now (close to 500% of GDP).
Instead the total US debt is only $53 trillion. That
will
still take decades to climb out of that hole but at
least the US has stopped digging.

You didn't look, did you.

Well, I guess that's to be expected...

I did look. That link has been posted before.
There is nothing new in that video. Its a tragedy
that you and others didn't know the facts
he presented.

But the conclusion he draws from the facts is baloney.

The current economic problems was created by 60 years of
runaway private sector debt. The govt debt isn't the problem.

The problem is a technically insolvent private sector.
The capital and assets of the private sector simply are
not worth in real value what the private sector owes in
debt. And that simple fact will be revealed to one and all
when Congress tries to reduce the deficit.

The current choices are simple the govt can stop borrowing
the funds the private sector is devoting to repaying debt
and force more than 50% of households and businesses
into bankruptcy or the govt can continue to borrow what the
private sector is currently under-spending and allow the
private sector to continue to delever and repair their
balance sheets.

http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/u...hael-Clark.png
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Richard" wrote in message
m...

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.
It has nothing to do with desire or will power.
It has everything to do with simple arithmetic.
You have to bring in more that goes out.
And we don't.

This one is going out to everybody I know...
And some who may not have heard from me in a while.
(including several Congressmen's offices)

It's that important.

Hang on.

Richard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6TcpfBHlbs

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/28/2012 7:44 PM, jim wrote:

The current economic problems was created by 60 years of
runaway private sector debt. The govt debt isn't the problem.

You are exactly right.

But they are still the current problems.
The ones we are trying so hard not to deal with.

The current choices are simple the govt can stop borrowing
the funds the private sector is devoting to repaying debt
and force more than 50% of households and businesses
into bankruptcy or the govt can continue to borrow what the
private sector is currently under-spending and allow the
private sector to continue to delever and repair their
balance sheets.

Either way, the government winds up bankrupt.

Remember Greece?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Brief, but interesting video. Thanks for posting.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Richard" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Does anyone know? How much of that social security monies goes to people who
didn't pay in, or who are border crossing criminals? Same question for
Medicare. How much is spent on border crossing criminals?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Richard" wrote in message
m...

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.
It has nothing to do with desire or will power.
It has everything to do with simple arithmetic.
You have to bring in more that goes out.
And we don't.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Richard wrote:

On 8/28/2012 7:44 PM, jim wrote:

The current economic problems was created by 60 years of
runaway private sector debt. The govt debt isn't the problem.

You are exactly right.

But they are still the current problems.
The ones we are trying so hard not to deal with.

Yes you appear desperately trying to avoid
looking at the real problem.

The current choices are simple the govt can stop borrowing
the funds the private sector is devoting to repaying debt
and force more than 50% of households and businesses
into bankruptcy or the govt can continue to borrow what the
private sector is currently under-spending and allow the
private sector to continue to delever and repair their
balance sheets.

Either way, the government winds up bankrupt.

Remember Greece?

Yes Greece is not a sovereign nation.
Greece is just like the US private sector it
can go bankrupt.
The US govt is sovereign and
can't go bankrupt by definition. Of course, the US could
agree to give up its sovereignty and join the EU. Then
it would be just like Greece.

Reducing the deficit will make the US dollar
worth more. Right now, That is not a good thing.
As it
makes the private debt problem much worse.

In 1933 Irving Fisher described exactly what happened in
2008 and it will happen again when Congress tries to
reduce the deficit.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Each dollar of debt still unpaid becomes a bigger dollar,
and if the over-indebtedness with which we started was great
enough, the liquidation of debts cannot keep up with the fall
of prices which it causes. In that case, the liquidation
defeats itself. While it diminishes the number of dollars
owed, it may not do so as fast, as it increases the value of
each dollar owed. Then, the very effort of individuals to
lessen their burden of debts increases it, because of the mass
effect of the stampede to liquidate in swelling each dollar
owed.
-Irving Fisher,
The Debt Deflation Theory of Great Depressions, 1933.
http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/docs/meltzer/fisdeb33.pdf

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

The US govt can bear the burden of any amount of debt. The
only issue with govt borrowing is how much inflation it
causes. Since WW2 the driving force of inflation has been
excessive private sector borrowing. That force is now gone.
When the govt stops borrowing you will see massive
disinflation. That is, a a collapse in prices just as in
the fall of 2008.

And no the private sector cannot go back to borrowing like
it was 2007. The egg has now been scrambled it cannot be unscrambled.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/29/2012 7:46 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

wrote in message
m...

This was a shock!

Now I understand why the budget hasn't been balanced yet.
It has nothing to do with desire or will power.
It has everything to do with simple arithmetic.
You have to bring in more that goes out.
And we don't.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

Does anyone know? How much of that social security monies goes to

people who
didn't pay in, or who are border crossing criminals? Same question for
Medicare. How much is spent on border crossing criminals?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I've never seen anything that breaks it down that way.

If there is, it's hidden so deep it will never see the light of day.

The Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act and Debt Cancellation Ablang Home Ownership 3 March 13th 10 03:37 PM
Debt vs GDP Joseph2K Electronic Schematics 0 February 16th 08 05:26 AM
Dead Car Debt Stuart Home Ownership 5 April 3rd 07 04:33 PM
Radiant barrier delima The Quintessential Man... Home Repair 2 October 9th 06 12:55 PM
mounting delima Jim Heater Woodworking 2 November 25th 03 01:39 AM