Jim Heater

Default mounting delima

I am in the process of making trophys for a couple of fantasy football
leagues. I've got some balls turned but am having a problem in figuring
out how to mount them on bases. I've thought about trying to shape the top
of the center piece to fit the ball, but found that to be near impossible
for me. Any help in this area would be deeply appreciated. I think that
the balls come out looking pretty good. Even found a way to put laces in
them. I have posted 2 pictures in abpw.
Jim

George M. Kazaka

Jim
Can't wait to see the pic's but as far as mounting them why don't you go to
a sports store and get one of those plastic thingy's they use for kick-offs
and see if you can replicate it is wood
it wood be the proper angle to display the ball.

Good Luck,
George
"Jim Heater" wrote in message
I am in the process of making trophys for a couple of fantasy football
leagues. I've got some balls turned but am having a problem in figuring
out how to mount them on bases. I've thought about trying to shape the

top
of the center piece to fit the ball, but found that to be near impossible
for me. Any help in this area would be deeply appreciated. I think that
the balls come out looking pretty good. Even found a way to put laces in
them. I have posted 2 pictures in abpw.
Jim

Grandpa

How about mounting it between 3 pieces of round brass rod angle drilled
into the base of the trophy, then the ball sits between them loose on
its side (at an angle, maybe 45º). Most craft and hobby shops carry the
rods, brass, aluminum etc pretty cheap.