Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Bruce Bergman

You want that lifting /climbing harness? Im holding it for you.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 20, 11:39*pm, Gunner Gunner Asch wrote:
You want that lifting /climbing harness? Im holding it for you.

Gunner

* One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

* * * - Jeff Cooper

You mean the defective one you dug out of the dumpster?

And when it fails, who does the victum's family sue?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 22:14:56 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Aug 20, 11:39*pm, Gunner Gunner Asch wrote:
You want that lifting /climbing harness? Im holding it for you.

Gunner

Yeah, but I don't have a firm job for it yet. Though it would be
better than my Rescue Rappelling harness for ladder and lift work,
OSHA isn't going to like seeing Recreational rope gear.

No particular rush, next time you're headed to the Valley or passing
through to Ventura County.

And the Ranger 8 is /really/ tempting, but I don't have a toy budget
at the moment.

Now if I can get the word out to the Property Managers that we can do
Gate repairs and Custom Gates & Grates around the equipment the
"Little Darlings" have picked to vandalize this month, then it might
pay off - Let me see if I can drum up some work for it first.

I'd need a wire-feeder, I've never Sticked before. And a paying job
isn't the time to learn something new.

Though the last pole where some asswipe kept breaking off the conduit
and shorting off the lights... Amazing how effective a bit of armor
plating around the base of the pole can be - Stops them cold.

But rigging up a 200' extension cord for the Challenger back to the
House Power is a PITA. And hauling out the PE-95G is even worse,100%
Cast Iron - hitch it to the truck and watch the gas gauge drop.

You mean the defective one you dug out of the dumpster?

And when it fails, who does the victum's family sue?

Hey Too Many Fools: You /really/ think I wouldn't check it over first
before using it? It's right there in the manual, and I'll paraphrase:

"Inspect periodically for wear and deterioration..." Yadda Yadda about
what and how to check it, and how much damage is too much. And the
last paragraph is "Condemn a worn or damaged harness by chopping it
into several small bits before disposal, so it can not be used again."
-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Aug 20, 11:39*pm, Gunner Gunner Asch wrote:
You want that lifting /climbing harness? Im holding it for you.

Gunner

Yeah, but I don't have a firm job for it yet. Though it would be
better than my Rescue Rappelling harness for ladder and lift work,
OSHA isn't going to like seeing Recreational rope gear.

No particular rush, next time you're headed to the Valley or passing
through to Ventura County.

Im in So. Cal just about every week, give me some place within
reasonable drive of the 5 or 405 and Ill kick it out wherever you
want. Pay me when you can.

And the Ranger 8 is /really/ tempting, but I don't have a toy budget
at the moment.

Ranger 9....

Now if I can get the word out to the Property Managers that we can do
Gate repairs and Custom Gates & Grates around the equipment the
"Little Darlings" have picked to vandalize this month, then it might
pay off - Let me see if I can drum up some work for it first.

I'd need a wire-feeder, I've never Sticked before. And a paying job
isn't the time to learn something new.

Shrug..you can use an external wire feeder..or plug a MIG into it. Its
got 9000 watts available at 220vts AC. Runs a decent size mig.

I dont want to sell it..but Ive used it 2x in the 4 yrs Ive had it.
Nice to have..but I keep tripping over it. Keep it in mind. First
come, first served.

[...]

TMT...is such a ****ing squid anus. Snicker..no one ever asks why he
doesnt post ANYthing about metal working. Why?

Its obvious he doesnt know **** from shinola about much of anything.
Ive come to the conclusion long ago, he was radically paralyzed in a
tragic skateboard accident and is stuck in some ******** somewhere
with nothing to do but log onto the internet and show what a brainless
lump he actually is.

The harness is virtually brand new. Picked it up at a yard sale from
the oon to be ex wife of a guy who got a job as an oilfield
electrician 6 months ago, bought the gear..and then was caught ****ing
the bosses 17 yr old daughter and made a run for another state
(sucessfully). She was clearing his **** out and I bought a bunch of
it. Been semi sucessful in selling a lot of it, but have hung onto the
rig in case I needed it.

Ive got another one Somewhere, in a nice gear bag...now if I can only
find it so I can use it....shrug.

Let me know where I can drop it off, or where I can meet you on a
Friday evening.

805-732-5308 anytime

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Would this work for defective posters?

-- Bruce --

---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Only in Texas, where you can use the "He Needed Killin', Your Honor."
defense, and can prove why.

Around here, I'd let Gunner handle the problem quietly - especially
since Too Many Turds is fixated on him. "My backyard is 50,000 acres
of desert, and I own a backhoe."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

In Texas, we have the 3-S Rule as well. Shoot, shovel, and shut up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

LOL...why don't you ask your insurance company and property management
about using a dumpster dive harness purchased from Mark Wieber Taft,
Ca on their job?

You ARE bonded, aren't you?

Be aware anyone with Google (make that your insurance company and
employer) can and will find this discussion when the harness fails and
the lawsuits begins.

So do you feel lucky Too Few Brain Cells?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

* * * - Jeff Cooper- Hide quoted text -

Mighty honest of you to openly admit that the harness is a
throwaway...been hanging around a liberal lately?

Is that the same number your creditors have been calling with no
success?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

of desert, and I own a backhoe."- Hide quoted text -

More like Gummer's backyard is 50,000 turds in one backyard and he
owns a broken shovel.

Laugh..laugh..laugh..

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Tell you what...why don't you tell us who you work for and we can ask
them what they think of you using dumpster diving equipment while
overcharging them for no work?

Laugh..laugh..laugh..

TMT

Ping- Bruce Bergman Gunner Asch[_2_] Metalworking 8 November 21st 07 06:17 PM
PING------Bruce Bergman Harold and Susan Vordos Metalworking 6 May 15th 06 10:07 PM
Ping Bruce Bergman Gunner Metalworking 6 May 10th 06 10:04 AM
Ping- Bruce Bergman Gunner Metalworking 2 April 23rd 05 12:02 PM
PING: Bruce L. Bergman Harold and Susan Vordos Metalworking 7 March 12th 05 02:31 PM