Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Speaking of Motor Controls...

Previous subject got me to thinking on my project that there were some
old ones in the barn that might serve current purpose w/ less effort
altho it's been some entertainment on hot afternoons searching...

So, one of the candidates is a _very_ old Klockner Moeller DIL 3/53.
Just talked w/ a rep from an outfit doing support parts, etc., for the
old line prior to Eaton buying them out and even they don't go back this
far...

Tag is faded beyond reading fully so question is -- anybody here know of
anywhere there might possibly be archive of old schematics/info?

My initial searches have turned up nothing of this old a vintage. I can
eventually ring it out and smoke test to affirm coil operating voltages,
etc., it would just be somewhat quicker if had a connection diagram...

Also have an old Furnas contactor that needs some contact kits -- I've
found some but they're very pricey. A set of four Furnas 75EA14 contact
kits or a L-17522 cross arm assembly would put it back to pristine but
at $60/pole it doesn't seem worth it...

Many other various parts/pieces...not enough of any of one thing to do
much w/ it appears (as is usual for the old parts bin I've noticed ).