Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default speaking of remote controls...

In going through a new MCM catalog, I noticed something new (to me,
anyhow) -- $13 replacement remotes that are (supposedly) customized for
particular TVs -- the point being that they include menu access, PIP, and
other features not commonly found on "generic" universal remotes. They're on
page 55 of the "Summer All-Stars!" catalog, C23B22.

I wish I'd had one of these a few years ago, when the remote for my Toshiba
IDTV failed.

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right
questions." -- Edwin Land

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote in message
In going through a new MCM catalog, I noticed something new (to me,
anyhow) -- $13 replacement remotes that are (supposedly) customized for
particular TVs -- the point being that they include menu access, PIP, and
other features not commonly found on "generic" universal remotes. They're

on
page 55 of the "Summer All-Stars!" catalog, C23B22.

I wish I'd had one of these a few years ago, when the remote for my

Toshiba
IDTV failed.

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right
questions." -- Edwin Land

While at it, where is the truly universal r/c that you could set to step
through all known ident codes, plus infils, until it triggered
power/standby or something, then all known function codes so you could then
teach a teachable r/c for the circumstances of otherwise dead equipment ?
Going beyond LIRC

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 9, 4:14*pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
[...]

Going beyond LIRC- Hide quoted text -

Dream on!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message

While at it, where is the truly universal r/c that you could set to step
through all known ident codes, plus infils, until it triggered
power/standby or something, then all known function codes so you could

then
teach a teachable r/c for the circumstances of otherwise dead equipment ?

The problem isn't the codes, but having enough buttons of the right shape to
handle the functions.

Sky remote controls. Dave UK diy 4 August 31st 10 07:13 PM
mystery remote controls (tv) - help ID them please! b Electronics Repair 3 May 30th 09 08:04 PM
Sony VCR remote controls Peter Johnson UK diy 0 January 9th 06 06:24 PM
Sony VCR remote controls Hzatph UK diy 0 January 9th 06 11:49 AM
Replacement Remote Controls peter rogi Electronics Repair 1 March 18th 04 02:19 PM