Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lets roll! (how to deal with smokers)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:16:54 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Im a smoker too. But a polite one.

However..I do get a bit tired of people coming up to me in a clearly
marked smoking area and making comments.

Ive told the story before about the fat bitch who came to an outdoor
bbq area of a restaurant..where the smoke from the BBQ was hanging in
the air visibly..and bitched about the people sitting at their tables
smoking, to the waitress. Who then pulled out her pack of smokes, lit
up and then blew smoke into the face of the fat ****, who then
squealed like a piglet and told her tiny little hubby to complain to
the manager...who came out..and it up his own cigarette.....

Virtually every smoker goes out of their way to not offend others who
by nature are smoking nazis..or because of medical conditions.

If we know about the problem..we will do just about anything to avoid
listening to the nazis bitching..or harming the sensitive. Even those
who are really NOT sensitive, but simply have convinced themselves
they are. A associate of mine is one such. He can stand in a cloud of
pot smoke (inhaling deeply), diesel smoke, bbq smoke, burning building
smoke...yet if someone in eyesight lights up a cigarette..he starts to
choke and make faces..even if he is up wind. I figure he must have
been a smoker at one time and its his brain telling him smoking is a
Bad Thing. Shrug..and I know more than a few of his type...but he is
the worst.

Now Stormin is quite frankly..a wackjob. Micheal and others may
indeed be sensitive and I would certainly treat them as I would any
other person with such issues. With kindness and sympathy.

Anti-smoking is, like other mass movements, a religion. Here are some
rejoinders you might add to your repertoi

* "Put it out? I've been trying for almost an hour! No, don't tell me! I
have to figure this out on my own!"
* "If I did, what would we use to cover the smell?"
* "Who made you the anti-fun marshall?"
* "I am a grenade and this cigarette is my pin. You have to ask yourself one
question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, punk, do you feel lucky?"

Then there's the time my offshore engineer boss was told to stay out
of the vehicle assigned as my site office and I was told not to tell
him to go F*** himself even in private.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Lets roll! Stormin Mormon[_7_] Home Repair 1117 September 23rd 12 09:50 AM
Lets roll! terryc Metalworking 1 July 22nd 12 04:23 AM
What is XcLan waiting for? Lets deal with Dasha right now! SexiTami Electronics Repair 1 November 4th 08 01:23 PM
Building the roll part of a roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 July 24th 06 02:26 PM
Refinishing roll part of roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 June 2nd 06 02:31 PM