Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default SS needed

I need a nice clean piece of SS, about 6" square, or thereabouts (6 x 8) for
a dashboard plate for switches on my new wooden dashboard. Anyone got a
scrap laying about? I am going to check this coming Friday in Vegas, as the
company I used to do business with always had a nice SS rem pile with lots
of small pieces. Can be thin gauge.

Thanks

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/22/2012 1:33 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need a nice clean piece of SS, about 6" square, or thereabouts (6 x 8) for
a dashboard plate for switches on my new wooden dashboard. Anyone got a
scrap laying about? I am going to check this coming Friday in Vegas, as the
company I used to do business with always had a nice SS rem pile with lots
of small pieces. Can be thin gauge.

Thanks

Steve

Can you cut what you need from a bigger piece. I have pieces from .005
and up. Located in Central Oregon.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need a nice clean piece of SS, about 6" square, or thereabouts (6 x 8)
for a dashboard plate for switches on my new wooden dashboard. Anyone got
a scrap laying about? I am going to check this coming Friday in Vegas, as
the company I used to do business with always had a nice SS rem pile with
lots of small pieces. Can be thin gauge.

Thanks

Steve

I have some mirror polished 20ga left over from a job
It's a bitch to cut but I can rough cut a piece on the bandsaw for you.
Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need a nice clean piece of SS, about 6" square, or thereabouts (6 x 8)
for a dashboard plate for switches on my new wooden dashboard. Anyone got
a scrap laying about? I am going to check this coming Friday in Vegas, as
the company I used to do business with always had a nice SS rem pile with
lots of small pieces. Can be thin gauge.

Thanks

Steve

I have some mirror polished 20ga left over from a job
It's a bitch to cut but I can rough cut a piece on the bandsaw for you.
Paul K. Dickman

Thanks, but just looking for a piece where no one would have to go to any
special effort for. The place in Vegas where I used to go had lots of
scraps. Curtis Steel. I'll check there. If it is anything like the old
days, there will be plenty. I just thought someone might have what I need.

I finished the dash today, and got it bolted on with NyLocks. Got the
trolling motor all mounted to new woodwork on bow. Had to reach as far as I
could to get to the nuts up in there.

Doing the upholstery on the seats next, then do the wiring, a couple of
rubber runners underneath, and I'll be ready to fish.

About time, too.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Last pieces I hd that size were the side panels of a burned out, el
cheapo, toaster - mirror finish.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey, did you get your stainless?
I have to switch to a fine tooth blade on my bandsaw to cut up a bunch of
thinwall tube.
It will be the perfect time for me to saw you out a piece of my scrap 20g
mirror finished sheet.

Paul K. Dickman

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need a nice clean piece of SS, about 6" square, or thereabouts (6 x 8)
for a dashboard plate for switches on my new wooden dashboard. Anyone got
a scrap laying about? I am going to check this coming Friday in Vegas, as
the company I used to do business with always had a nice SS rem pile with
lots of small pieces. Can be thin gauge.

Thanks

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message
Hey, did you get your stainless?
I have to switch to a fine tooth blade on my bandsaw to cut up a bunch of
thinwall tube.

Wouldn't an abrasive wheel/chopsaw be much better for that?
--
EA

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need a nice clean piece of SS, about 6" square, or thereabouts (6 x 8)
for a dashboard plate for switches on my new wooden dashboard. Anyone got
a scrap laying about? I am going to check this coming Friday in Vegas, as
the company I used to do business with always had a nice SS rem pile with
lots of small pieces. Can be thin gauge.

Thanks

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message
Hey, did you get your stainless?
I have to switch to a fine tooth blade on my bandsaw to cut up a bunch of
thinwall tube.

Wouldn't an abrasive wheel/chopsaw be much better for that?
--
EA

Brass tube polished and laquered. 7/8 dia x 5/8 long. 36 pieces needed.

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need a nice clean piece of SS, about 6" square, or thereabouts (6 x 8)
for a dashboard plate for switches on my new wooden dashboard. Anyone
got a scrap laying about? I am going to check this coming Friday in
Vegas, as the company I used to do business with always had a nice SS rem
pile with lots of small pieces. Can be thin gauge.

Thanks

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message
Hey, did you get your stainless?
I have to switch to a fine tooth blade on my bandsaw to cut up a bunch
of thinwall tube.

Wouldn't an abrasive wheel/chopsaw be much better for that?
--
EA

Brass tube polished and laquered. 7/8 dia x 5/8 long. 36 pieces needed.

Oh, thought this was SS, as well.
Hmmm.... part on a lathe, then? IF you had 5C collets, I spose.... Just
armchair QB'ing here... lol

I think if my abrasive chopsaw died, I'd close up shop. Good thing they're
only $60 at Sears... lol
--
EA

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need a nice clean piece of SS, about 6" square, or thereabouts (6 x 8)
for a dashboard plate for switches on my new wooden dashboard. Anyone
got a scrap laying about? I am going to check this coming Friday in
Vegas, as the company I used to do business with always had a nice SS
rem pile with lots of small pieces. Can be thin gauge.

Thanks

Steve

Advice needed: Oil filter needed for oil furnace? mm Home Repair 7 May 3rd 13 04:43 AM
STK-360 needed Tim Schwartz Electronics Repair 0 May 23rd 06 12:38 PM
help needed please dave Home Repair 9 April 10th 06 06:03 PM
Ot but help needed. Weatherlawyer UK diy 6 September 30th 05 01:35 PM
Part needed: Kenwood Car Radio KDC-MP625 part needed Klem Electronics Repair 1 September 28th 05 04:27 AM